Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict users by personel subarea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to give access to PA20 screen for the users but they should be only able to access few personel subareas. Please let me know the way to restrict this.

Thanks.

Irfan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irfan,

If you want a restriction on Personnel Subarea then you have to use Customer-Specific Authorization Objects.

Create a custom auth Object using SU21 and after including HR fields, include BTRTL (Personnel Subarea).

Run report RPUACG00 (this will overwrite the standard include code to evaluate the auth obj you'll create, this is supported by SAP

Assign this new object to SU24 of transaction

Set the NNNNN authorization switch to 1 (Using transaction code OOAC)

This would enable you to control authorization at more granular levels

I haven't implemented this, however it was discussed in HR940 training.

Rakesh : with P_ORGIN you can control till Personnel Area only, not till Subarea.

Cheers!!

Zaheer

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have look at object P_ORGIN in the role. You can restrict on personal area.

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Rakesh,

I want to restrict by personal subarea.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irfan,

If you want a restriction on Personnel Subarea then you have to use Customer-Specific Authorization Objects.

Create a custom auth Object using SU21 and after including HR fields, include BTRTL (Personnel Subarea).

Run report RPUACG00 (this will overwrite the standard include code to evaluate the auth obj you'll create, this is supported by SAP

Assign this new object to SU24 of transaction

Set the NNNNN authorization switch to 1 (Using transaction code OOAC)

This would enable you to control authorization at more granular levels

I haven't implemented this, however it was discussed in HR940 training.

Rakesh : with P_ORGIN you can control till Personnel Area only, not till Subarea.

Cheers!!

Zaheer