Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users mass deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm about to do old users clean up in our systems. On one of quality systems there are more then 400users to be deleted, We are running BI 7.0. Can one of you please tell me what would be the easiest and fastest way to do it? Is there maybe a report which I can use?

Thank you for all info.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hi,

We will keep around 70users (group other then deleted). 400users will be removed from 1 system (BQ4) where user management is done by solution manager (SL1). So we need to delete in SU01 (on SL1) system (BQ4) assignment for 400users. Probably I will use CATT for this.

Regards,

Slawomir

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would prefer, you track the in-active IDs (may be those who which didn't logged in the system in past 6 months or more)

Use report RSUSR200 and filter on "No. days since last logon"

End date those IDs, and let them end dated for sometime.. may be a month, just in case if someone who needed the access turns up.

Use SU10

Then you can delete the end dated IDs from the system.

Use SU10 again

Cheers!!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

Your approach is correct. Currently based on our internal procedures we do not delete users but just change their group to 'deleted', validity date in past and remove all roles assigned.

Now we are about to delete all unused ID and delete all user data (favorites, workbooks etc.).

What would you recommend the easiest way to delete more then 400users?

Regards,

Slawomir

0 Kudos

Great !!

You can use SU10 to delete the users

1. Execute transaction code SU10

2. Click on "Authorization data"

3. Since you have a group "deleted", you can input that in the "User Group (general)" field and execute the report.

4. Select all the users and transfer them

5. Delete the users

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used SUIM and searched by group to extract users list. in SU10 I can do the same.

The problem is that after your step 4 (4. Select all the users and transfer them ) there's no option to delete them in SU10.

Regards,

Slawomir

0 Kudos

You mean to say there is no option in

(in the menu) User -> Delete (Shift + F2)

OR

A trash bin icon (third one), next to pencil and create icon

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the menu => user - delete => I can't execute it - it's gray.

Also there's no 'trash' icon in SU10

Rgds,

Slawomir

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, one more additional important info which crossed my mind.

DEV and QAS systems are managed by CUA (and this explains why I can't use SU10)

0 Kudos

Gosh !!

That was the MOST important thing

0 Kudos

Asked the other way around, how many user do you want to keep in this client?

Or is it 400 users spread over different client of the same system (you used the word "system") and another 400 you want to keep?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

exactly.

so the problem is that I need to remove system assignment for 400users in CUA, but only for 1 system keeping all other.

Former Member

Hi,

We will keep around 70users (group other then deleted). 400users will be removed from 1 system (BQ4) where user management is done by solution manager (SL1). So we need to delete in SU01 (on SL1) system (BQ4) assignment for 400users. Probably I will use CATT for this.

Regards,

Slawomir

0 Kudos

Perhaps it is worth your while to manage (redistribute) the 70 users you want to keep from the CUA, after having deleted all the users?

0 Kudos

Hi Slawomir,

I have a suggestion, which is not very elegant, but shall work.

First step:

SET SCUM for role assignements temporarily to 'local' (make sure, that no other admins work in user administration during that time to avoid inconsistencies)

create a 'dummy'role (no need to have a profile or menu) in BQ4.

assign those 400 users to that role (you can use the F4-help in PFCG->users tab and select them by their group)

Switch back SCUM to 'global'

Also in SL1 execute SCUG, select BQ4->take over users->already central->press the button role assignements

Now the new role assignements for that 400 users are copied to BQ4 and are visible in SU01/SU10.

Until now the steps have been only preparation.

Now execute SU10 in SL1

F4 on the user-field->tab users by system specific role assignements

Enter role name of the dummy role and BQ4 as receiving system.

The result list shall contain your 400 users.

take them over into your selection (I suggest not to take over all at once but for instance packages of 100 users)

press 'Edit'

Navigate to 'Systems' tab.

Enter logical systemname of BQ4 and mark 'remove'

Save.

confirm the popup

Check log of SU10

Check SCUL (all your 400 users shall have green traffic light, remember to mark on the selectionscreen of scul 'Display deleted Systemassignements' to be able to see the deletions!)

17. Done. go for a coffee or beer.

b.rgds,

Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard

Thanks for very good answer! job done

cheers,

Slawomir