Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ABAP Web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Some unusual thing is happening.

Till this time my scenario was HTTP to RFC. So i have imported RFC in XI and its structure was perfact.

Tables having cardinality as 1...1, and fields were having cardinalities as 0....1.

Now we have planned to switch to the proxies and ABAP Web services. I have created the ABAP Web service with the same function module and imported it into the External definations.

When i am trying to use it into the mapping, Table cardinalities are 1....1 and fields are also having cardinalities as 1...1.

Now because of that i hv to map all the fields with some constants, but m not comfortable with it as there are nearly 1000 fields.

Do anyone of you have any idea what might be the problem? or how can i solve it.

Hope the question is clear.

Please help in this problem.

Thanks,

Hetal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your ABAP Web Service, did you make all the fields required? Also for importing a WS you need to import the WSDL.. Hope you have dome that only. If you are doing a server proxy, then you must create the receiver side data type and messgae type in XI then generate the proxy for the inbound interface on R3 then need to call your RFC there.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i have done the same thing.

I did not get what does it mean by "In your ABAP Web Service, did you make all the fields required? "

Where i can mention that?

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hetal,

This is happening because when you genarte the Webservice out of a Function Module, all the fields in your are mendatory in the generated WSDL.

This can be avoided. The WSDL that you have generated for your webservice, can be manually edited in Stylus studio etc to change the cardinality and make it optional. We also did the same in one of our scenario and it is working fine.

As you are mapping these fields with constants, so it doen't make a difference if those are optional too.

Just edit the WSDL/xsd and reimport it.

Thanks

-Kulwant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kulwant.

I already have started doing but its like there are 1000 of fields so i need to do the coding for all of them

which i think is not a correct way.

One more thing bothers me is if in future there will be change in RFC and if we need to regenrate the Webservice and import it again, then again we need to make a change.

Is there any other option?

Thanks,

Hetal