Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Meet-Up February 23rd Pre-Event Questions

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Many of you have registered for a live <a href="/people/marilyn.pratt/blog/2006/01/26/sap146s-rfid-roadmap-150-an-online-meet-up Online Meet-Up with SAP RFID Solution Management</a>

This event is our second meetup - giving participants some real opportunity to interface with Solution and Product Management and being held in an informal and interactive format. The response was so overwhelming we have had to close further registration.

Use this thread to post some of your expectations as to what you would like to hear or what you would expect to happen in an hour session with upwards of 100-300 RFID enthusiasts.

Cheers,

Marilyn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marilyn,

maybe Eric of someone else could answer some of those question: I can ask them but since there will be 100-300.... people it might be difficult

1. when will gen2 be supported ?

2. when will WM movements be supported

3. why do we have to use XI 7.0 for AII 4.0

since many customer already have XI 3.0

(won't this discourage them from using AII sooner?)

4. what about item level tagging ?

5. what are the real tag reads (per sec, minute etc) ? can you give some info from real projects ?

6. have you got a list of AII supported hardware somewhere? (with exact names of the readers and other devices)

7. it there a place for ONS (object name server)

in the AII roadmap ? When will be ready to use

something else than sending EPC data through ASN ?

these a few from me

maybe we can hear some answers

Regards,

michal

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eric has answered these:

1. when will gen2 be supported ? <b>Supported today with 4.0</b>

2. when will WM movements be supported ? <b>Still in discussion</b>

3. why do we have to use XI 7.0 for AII 4.0

since many customer already have XI 3.0

(won't this discourage them from using AII sooner?)

<b>We have tested XI 3.0 and it works with a small amount of effort</b>

4. what about item level tagging ? <b>AII 2.1 supported 2 level hierarchies that could include item level tagging. Aii 4.0 supports unlimited hierarchies which would include item level tagging as well.</b>

5. what are the real tag reads (per sec, minute etc) ? can you give some info from real projects ? <b>The function of reading tags is dependant upon the tag used, reader, product and environmental impacts. SAP's solution does have an impact on actual physical tag reads. Yet, we do have inference logic and tolerance levels within the solution that can be tuned to 'assume' a tag has been read based on the process and function that is being preformed. For instance, upon loading a truck, if only 80% of the anticipated tags have been read, we can tune the system to 'infer' that the others are present. In real projects, we have encountered companies with 65-100% read accuracy.</b>

6. have you got a list of AII supported hardware somewhere? (with exact names of the readers and other devices)

<b>In Aii 4.0 SAP supports ALE as well as a SAP XML based interface for all hardware as well as other device mgmt\device controler interfaces various hardware partners have certified their hardware on this interface as well as several Device Mgmt Companies. </b>

7. it there a place for ONS (object name server)

in the AII roadmap ? When will be ready to use

something else than sending EPC data through ASN ?

<b>SAP is committed to paticipate in and adhere to the standards that are the result of the Business Action Group as well as the Software Action Group within EPCGlobal. Today this is one of the biggest topics with those orgainizations. SAP plans on developing and supporting an RFID platform as these standards as well as the industry matures to the point of taking advatantage of an ONS.</b>

cheers,

Marilyn (quoting Eric)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I would like to hear some news about incorporation of PLC's , Embedded systems and related thing in the AUTO - ID infrastructure... please provide me with some info if available....

thanks,

arul sekar

former_member8655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI

I am very new to this amazing technology RFID and still in the phase of learning.

So as a novice, i would expect a kind of learning path to be provided by the expert consultant in this technology.

Regards ,

Mitesh

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Mitesh. I believe that Rampup Knowledge Transfer (RKT) and SAP Education usually provide "learning maps". As this technology is fairly new, we can expect to see these formal learning maps evolve. In the meanwhile, I'll pass your comments on to our presenter, Eric Domski.

Cheers,

Marilyn