Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport between 2 ESRs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following problem:

We have a CE 7.1 System running on one computer.

We have modeled and activated some components with the ES Builder.

Now we installed CE 7.1 EhP on another computer and we want to transport our modeled things on the new system.

We tried to do this via the Tools-> Import/Export Design Objects possibility of ES Builder.

Everything gets imported. The problem now is:

1. How can we make the newly imported contents editable without editing the Metadata.properties file in the .tpz file.

2. After editing our models, we can not save them due to the following error:

Save operation is not possible. Internal error: couldn't find the branch for version with id=098dfslkdjfsdjlds (I have posted a fiction id).

Does anyone know how to deal with this problem or can provide some furthure information.

Until now, I have found only this information:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwesrce/helpdata/en/a8/5e56006c17e748a68bb3843ed5aab8/content.htm

Does a standard way exists to transport from ESR to ESR directly...

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

v s

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are both ESRs connected to the same SLD? If not, you have to align the SWCVs in the SLD, that means, you have to copy the content of one SLD to the other. Make sure, that the GUID of your SWCV is the same in both SLDs.

After import of the objects into the ESR, you can check the flag in SWCV in ESR "editable".

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

I tried this in the following way:

1.export component from old sld, import to new sld.

2. Export design object from old esr, import to new (tpz)

Now, I have the problem that I can't see any model in my new ES Builder and I get the following exception after trying to execute any operation:

com.idsscheer.aris.cltech.common.core.ariscommon.ServerException

and then

com.idsscheer.aris.cltech.common.core.ariscommon.ServerException: null

Am I doing something wrong?

best regards,

v s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this was error due to another problem. But the problem with not able to save is the same. I can copy the process compoent and then edit and save though. Is there other solution?

best regards,

v s

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem was not completely solved, because we had to move all namespaces and comp models to another software component in order to edit them. But it solved our problem partly. If someone can provide some more information, it will be always useful!

Best regards,

v s