cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data in Planning book and infocube/ are differnet for current month.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an issue with data in Planning book and back up infocube are different , for current month only.

WE back up data from Planning book on daily run , what we notieced is Key figure Final forecast for Ship to party is different in Planning book and Infocube used to take Bex report.

I investigated this, I found the Final Forecast for material is same but when drilled down to ship to level the prportions are different in Planning book and infocube only for current month. (all other months are fine)

I check the source data in Planning area, this data and infocube data are same, but when I open planning book the ship to proportions show different figures , total for material is same in both ( as I mentioned this is happeneing for current month onlly).

Can someone advice some solution to this?

Hope I am clear about the issue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi siva,

I foresee one possibility that the planning book is displaying results based on some default macro which executes the changes but if the results are not saved while exiting the planning book, then such situation might occur.

The default / drill down macro can execute certain changes in the data displayed at PB but if the user exits the screen without saving the data then there is no change in the K F values in datasource. Hence you will find that the data in info-cube and data source will match.

Hope this helps

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responses. I checked all the default macros working on Data view of Planning book and calculations seems to be Ok as per Planning book. But as mentioned it looks like data is not getting saved to data source in Planning area. Now can someone advice what needs to be done to save this changes in data source of PA.

Is ther any other stop in macros to be included??

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have a planning book without any macros in it, you can check the data in the cube against the values in the planning book.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi siva,

Please execute all changes as per macro definitions after loading all the data in the planning book. Save the data before you exit the planning book.

Check in the data source for the changes,

Execute new load request in infocube/ODS.

The data should now be consistent across all sources.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks , the problem is now resolved.

I opened the planning and loaded the material ship to party and saved the planning book. When I went back and checked the soruce data in Planning areas dat ais now saved as per Planning book.

AS we run the backup job to infocube this should save go into cube in todays run.

Thank you all for you support.

Cheers

Siva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

The data loaded to your backup cube is at the CVC level meaning at the characteristics of your POS.

Make sure that you are looking at the CVC level in your planning book too.