cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am starting to install SAP ECC6.0 on windows 2003 64 bit edition. I down load Java windows IA64 from

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDeta...

site . But when I am tring to run, its showing incompatible processor. I have intel Xeon 64 bit processor. Then I tried with windows.. I install java .

I stared my SAPinst.exe file in IM_WINDOWS_X86_64 folder. This time I am getting below error.

The SAPinst GUI could not be started because a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) could not be found

But when I am trying to install sap from IM_WINDOWS_I386 folder it starts successfully.

I want to install SAP 64 bit which is right sapinst.exe file for me.

Pls help how to fix this problem.

Thank & Regards,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you told us: I down load Java windows IA64

you downloaded the wrong version. go at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/SAPsite/download.html and download x64 version.

Download J2SE v 1.4.2_18 x64 SDK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to differentiate between IA64 (Itanium) and x64 (Intel & AMD - also called AMD64). Since the installation of Java fails with incompatible processor you seem to have a x64 processor. Download e.g. this file from Sun and install it: j2sdk-1_4_2_17-windows-amd64.exe. Make sure you set JAVA_HOME- and PATH-variable correct. You can check the correct java installation by opening a comand prompt and typing java -version. Then use the IM_WINDOWS_X86_64 folder to install.

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can run your installation from a network location, you'll be asked for your kernel DVDs afterwards and then you might copy those on your network as well and it'll need then at the same time it needs the SAPinst..

For the java problem make sure you have the right and required j2ee version..

Former Member
0 Kudos

>I stared my SAPinst.exe file in IM_WINDOWS_X86_64 folder. This time I am getting below error.

X86 is for AMD processor.

you should use following installation master DVD.

Installation Master Windows Server on IA64 64bit

Cheers,

-Sunil