cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't refresh XI cache in the receiver ABAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have scenario PI(7.1) --> WS using ws adapter. The receiver is ABAP backend system. The scenario doesn't work, ws message arrived at the receiver, but stuck in the local XI engine (can see it in MONI in hte receiver system). And I found the xi cache sxi_cache in the receiver system is not up-to-date, however the refresh button is disabled. According to the note 1259998, the xi cache in the receiver system should be in sync with PI. So anybody knows why the refresh button is disabled? If you got your ws scenario work, did you face samiliar problem?

Thanks

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My ws scenario works now. Some system configuration was missing. XI cache in receiver system doens't have to be in sync with PI.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It does need to be in sync with XI's cache.

The difference is that you don't manually trigger a cache refresh from the end point, since the receiver/sender agreement is "pushed" into that system from XI.

In XI cache refresh history, you should be able to see the history for the receiver agreement in the end point.

BR,

Henriuqe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check if INTEGRATION_DIECTORY_HMI configuration in SM59 is created or not..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/8f/770f41218ff023e10000000a155106/content.htm

And the refresh button is disabled due to Authorization. Check this with yor BASIS team.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

INTEGRATION_DIECTORY_HMI is needed in the PI system, I have no cache problem in hte PI box, but in hte receiver abap system.

I don't think it's authorization issue for the disabled refresh button, because I have the same authorization in the abap system as in the PI system. In the PI box, the button is enabled. However I don't know which exactly user role or authorization object is required to have the button enabled. If you know it, can you pleae let me know so I can check it specifically?

thanks

Jayson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

The reason why your buttons in SXI_CACHE are disabled, because your R/3 Application Server is not a Integration Server, I mean, a PI system. In fact, SXI_CACHE in Application Server doesn`t make any sense.

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos

what you said is not true, or at least not true in PI 7.1, please check sap note 1259998, you will know xi cache in business system is also meaningful.

Thanks

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos

what you said is not true, or at least not true in PI 7.1, please check sap note 1259998, you will know xi cache in business system is also meaningful.

Thanks

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I am agree with Carlos, Application Server (R3) works on the concept of Buffering not on Cache.

I have also gone thorugh the Note 1259998, which does not talk anythig about Cache refresh in R3 system.

A little bit theory about Cache.

Cache concept comes into picture when we require to access the data very frequently. And the memory area where we temporarly store the data is called Cache.

As you know in XI when we design & configure the objects then the information about the design and configuration objects is stored in temporary ABAP data dictionary tables (which is nothing but Cache). And integration engine uses it at run time for accessing the appropriate design and configuration objects. So whenever we do some changes in our design or configuration then new entries should be updated into cache table and old entries shoud be deleted from cache automatically.

So in my opinion you should update your cache in XI (ABAP Stack) by using the transaction SXI_CACHE.

Make sure you have the following Roles in XI in order to update the cache.

SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

the note 1259998 contains following paragraph which mentions check xi cache in hte receiver system.

c) Checking a receiver agreement

Call transaction SXI_CACHE in the receiver business system. Display all

existing receiver agreements by choosing the "Receiver Agreement" node in

the navigation tree that is displayed on the left-hand side of the screen.

Search the required receiver agreement in the list and select it. In the

receiver business system, check whether the server configuration exists and

is complete (choose "Display Server Configuration"). The system must

display an assignment (server) and a runtime configuration (server).

Then call transaction SXI_CACHE in the Integration Server client. Search

the required receiver agreement in the list and select it. In the

Integration Server, check whether the client configuration exists and is

complete (choose "Display Client Configuration"). The system must display

an assignment (client) and a logical port.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

If you are running NW 2004s then you have 'sxi_cache' transaction available and you can perform cache refresh too provided your system is integrated with SLD.

Please provide POINTS if this helps you all.

Thanks

Sekhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

After reading the whole SAP Note, Now I agree with you.

Now let me conclude once again. Since your Refresh button is disabled then there could be two reasons.

1. Authorization Issue (but you have already said, there are no authorization issue). Plz make sure once again.

2. Check your Patch level in R3, it may require to update your patch level. May be for this you may have to contact to SAP first.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Till now we have looked into one side of problem. Let us see the other side too.

What is your scenario? I think File to Proxy, because you said you are able to see it in R3 MONI correct.

Few things you can take into consideration.

1. Check in R3 in SM58 if you got any errors.

2. Also check the queues

3. As I said above, if your case is proxy then make sure you have re-generated the proxy in R3 if you made any changes in the structure of Data Type in XI.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

Look into the below picture. Even in my R3 system it shows the same problem & Refresh options are disabled too but everything works fine without any issue. Even I never looked before at SXI_CACHE in R/3 system.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23639237@N02/3045580358/sizes/o/

So my experience says don't worry about R3 cache, just try to find out the coz of your problem other then cache in R3. See the above points in my previous reply.

I hope it helps you.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh

thanks for your long time investigation.

I have File --> PI --> WS scenario. In fact, I have many scenarios involving file, IDOC, Proxy, JMS, SOAP, etc. everything is working fine, only the ws scenario has problem. My feeling is that the xi cache in the receiver system is only relevant for ws scenario. Actually when you configure business system in SLD, there is a field of "Configuration URL" which is also only relevant for ws scenario (Please do NOT mix ws and soap scenario, they are different).

Have you tried ws scenario? I meaning calling ws in ABAP backend from PI 7.1?

My doubt is the basis missed some configuration. Since PI 7.1 is too new, basis never configured it before. I already sent OSS to SAP, but it will take time for them to reponse back.

Thanks

Eric