cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saposcol not starting with startsap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I upgraded my systems kernel to ver 179 and now when i launch startsap saposcol fails to start with it. After i start saposcol manually and check the logs i can see that saposcol is getting error messages stating that:

11:49:24 19.11.2008 WARNING: SizeOfRecord: unknown Type or Subtype: 132 / 3

11:49:24 19.11.2008 WARNING: SizeOfRecord: unknown Type or Subtype: 133 / 3

11:49:34 19.11.2008 WARNING: SizeOfRecord: unknown Type or Subtype: 132 / 3

11:49:34 19.11.2008 WARNING: SizeOfRecord: unknown Type or Subtype: 133 / 3

and these keep on coming. Does anyone have ideas what might be causing this or what to do to get rid of it or to fix it?

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi martin,

Are you using Linux OS ?

Please use saposcol version 7.10, refer to below SAP note:

1102124 - SAPOSCOL on Linux: Enhanced function

It should resolve the issue.

Regards,

Vincent

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Saposcol can run independent of the SAP system, so you can try to start it individually using:

Try to start saposcol with command saposcol -l

You can know status of the saposcol by saposcol -s and stop it by saposcol -k

Thanks & Regards,

Kunal Patel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to check, if you have cleaned up Share memory present in /usr/sap/tmp/dev_coll & try to get latest patch of SAPOSCOL.

Also try to follow--

1. Signon as <sid>OFR and start SAPOSCOL manually by using the command CALL PGM(SAPOSCOL) PARM('-l'). After that, screen input may be inhibited for about a minute, because SAPOSCOL waits for some initial data to be collected. Eventually you should get a message "Starting collector (create new process)". If not, it would be nice to know what else you get. Starting the collector manually works, we need to find out why ST06 does not work.

2. Check the contents of /usr/sap/tmp/dev_coll. Maybe this contains more information where the problem is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is just warning, I'm not sure that this is shat prevent from saposcol to start.

Can you please give us the full log?