cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous Communication from 3rd party XI server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following XI landscape where the receiver system is on 1 XI server, and the sender system is on the other XI server, where between the 2 XI servers, the communication protocol used is HTTP.

For synchronous communication between sender (SOAP client) and receiver system (SAP ABAP proxy), do I still have to prototype BPM in the sender's XI server to relay the SAP result via HTTP?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

vivian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vivian

I don't know what you mean by "prototype BPM", but I don't think you need a BPM in this scenario.

If I understand you correctly, the flow is as follows:

1. Sender SOAP client makes synchronous call to first XI server.

2. First XI server routes call to second XI server (probably using XI protocol) - still using synchronous messaging.

3. Second XI server routes call to receiving system (synchronous ABAP proxy).

4. Synchronous response propagates back the opposite way.

In this case, there is no need for a BPM.

Regards,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thorsten,

According to what you have described, it does sound like the synchronous call will take care of the message result return.

If I use Fault message in defining the message interface(available using ABAP proxy),will these fault messages upon exception from SAP Proxy be able to flow through to the sender XI system and back to the sender, as per the synch http between XI servers? Do I have to use BPM in this case or simlpy make sure that the http (XI protocol) interface between the 2 XI servers has the same fault message type?

many thanks,

vivian

0 Kudos

Hi Vivian,

Fault messages should flow back through the entire scenario the same way an ordinary response would. You may define the same fault type all the way through or you can have different types and map them to one another - again exactly like the response.

Best regards,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thorsten,

will try it out, as advised