cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time recording using CATS in the Portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm new in the stuff relative to CATS with webdynpro.

I would like to have more information about the existing interactions between the Portal (using Webdynpro) and the CATS.

Should I download the ess~cat in the NWDS to see how they interact with the R/3 system (catsdb) i.e.: which BAPIs are they calling to transfer data from the portal to the backend ?

Secondly how can we determine in the portal which user is using the application (=cats).

Is it a owner or a supervisor..?

Did someone already worked in that area?

Many Thanks.

Louis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Louis,

you need to import ess~cat if you want to check how it is working from employee perspective

and msscatapproval from manager perspective.

run RFC trace in st01,st05 and to find what BAPIs are getting called

check these links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/ef/e18d3f7057eb0ce10000000a114084/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/PT/PT.pdf

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/4d/c19ce6ef2842258283afc35a54172a/frameset.htm

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

I am in the same situation as you. Trying to find out how the portal interacts with the backend system in ess/cats webdynpro.esp for working Time Record.Wanted to default the working time 8hrs to the table that is created dynamically and save the data in backend on click of a new button.

For your information, the table is getting created dynamically in listViewerSlim.java.Yet to find out how its getting saved to the backend.Please let me know your findings on the same.

Thanks a lot

Kukku.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kukku,

You should investigate this BAPI: HRXSS_CAT_WD_RECORD because it's called by the portal.

In this RFC you will find important methods called in order to save data into the cats.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Louis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Louis.

I will look into that BAPI and will let you know if there are more questions.

Trying to give you points for this,but not getting that option.Let me try again.

Thanks

Kukku.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kuku,

I have just downloading the DC ess~cat and trying to understand how it works.I haven't seen your class that you talked about in your previous message.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

You can see it in Navigator view,src->packages->com->xss->hr->cat->general->java->ListViewerSlim.java

Let me know if you have any further questions.I am also trying to understand the ess/cats application so that it can be customized based on requirement

Thanks

Kukku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is there a way that I can set default value to the working time record entry screen in ESS using ess/cats webdynpro.

How can I goahead with this customization in listViewerSlim.java

Thanks

Kukku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it possible to manipulate the webdynpro time record entry table in ess/cats?

Thanks

Kukku

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, could someone please tell me how to find this bapi?

Thx, Vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

the bapi is inside the esscat DC. You need to be in the NWDS through open perspective -> "Development configurations" then you should create a project from the DC esscat located on the track under ESS SC.

If it's not clear or whatever please let me know.

regards,

Louis

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for your reply. There is just configured the Local Development in the perspective you described and I have to take a look how to configure it.

But then I think that I will get it.

At the moment there is a problem when I create a new Development Configuration. When I logon to the DI the login fails with the com/sap/security/api/certrevoc/CertRevocException exception.

Thx and cu, Vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

A lot of Cats configuration can be done in backend. General configuration, Removing fields, Adding additional fields, Checking fields etc. It should also be possible to add default values using BADIs. Take a look at the IMG.

J

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for your response but I was talking about the configuration of the NWDI and not the CATS backend.

cu and have a nice day,

Vanessa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

It wasn't really a response to you but a general remark on this Thread,

Jeschael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that some settings like adding fields can be done from CATS backend.But what I am looking for is,provide a new button in the weekly timesheet view and only on the click of this button, it should populate the default working time (8 hrs) on the correspounding field.

Is it possible to achieve this through webdynpro customization?

Thanks

Kukku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kukku,

Well filling a standard value should be possible with the Badis, BUT adding a button to the view isn't, as far as I know. You would have to change the Web Dynpro for that.

By the way, the user can create a template that contains some standard values. Maybe you could create a standard template as long as the user doesn't create his own.

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J,

Actually, the default value should be populated on click of the button just for the current day.

So if a stadard template is created, it wont be able to put the default 8hrs in the corresponding day right?

Say,I logged in and clicked the button on Tuesday,it should populate the default value only on Tuesday.

Any thoughts please.

Thanks

Kukku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by myself.Populated the default value by setting the working time on the context value attribute that is created dynamically during the table generation.Made use of 'ListViewerSlim.java' for this purpose.

Thanks

Kukku