cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Instances

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on the follwoing scenario, can any one suggest me the way out.

File Adapter -

> XI -

> SAP R/3 (Idoc Adapter).

The legacy system is sending payment documents on a fixed length flat file structure. The flat file is basically unbounded and having no hierarchical structure. Hence, header and line item information is coming at the same level.

In a case where payment document has 10 line items, the file will contain 10 records for that payment document, which should end up as one IDOC. So a file containing multiple documents should end up creating multiple IDOCS.

The deciphering factor for a payment document is the combination of the company code, legacy document number and group number.

Flat file data

FR01123A0001

FR01123A0002

FR01123A0003

FR01567A0001

FR01567A0002

FR01567A0003

FR01567A0004

So the combination of FR01123A is one document with 3 line items and FR01567A is the second document with 4 line items. Each of these two document should create a new instance of the FIDCC2 idoc based on the grouping logic.

The problem we are facing is when mapping an unbounded file structure as explained above to the Idoc structure which is hierarchical. We need one interface and one message mapping to create FIDCC2 idocs.

Is it possible to achieve this by using graphical mapping or we have to use Java Mapping for the same?

We are using XI 2.0 SP 2.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

You can also use an XSL mapping to loop through the INBOUND file rows and create the required IDOC's .

hemant_chahal
Contributor
0 Kudos

hello hema

you should use FCC(file content conversion) to get the required hierarchy in the source file

and once you get the required XML file you can map it simply using graphical mapping.

Please tell me if your concern is to get hierarchy or complex mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While going thru the SDN site, I found that you hv used the above IDOC message type.FIDCC2 . Can you pls tell me which are the mandatory fields and if possible, can u pls send me which are all the values to be passed in the WE19.. There is no functional consultant who can help me in this regard.. hence this request..

I am getting a flat file which I am processing thru PI and moving into IDOC.. so I just wanted to know which are the mandatory fields etc..Can u pls send me the screen shot of any existing idoc with values.. so tht I will get a clear picture..

If possible, can u pls send me the mappings in a word file with screen shot..

rgds

sathish

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can obtain the content of the FIDCCP01/02 IDoc by:

1) configure partner profile on some ERP for a message type FIDCC2, IDoc type FIDCCP01/02 (that might be even your receiver system - it does not matter)

2) create and post some FI document via FB01 - Idoc will be generated automatically

3) go to some IDoc message monitoring tool like bd87, we02 ... and check the content of IDoc

For more details refer this SAP note: [114814 - ALE FIDCCP01/02: Questions and problems with FI distribution|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/114814]

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for yr mail.. What my scenario is that I am getting some text file which is some travel expenses and that needs to be posted in SAP to create a FI document.. What you have mentinoed is outbound..

My scenario is XI is sending a file which will go to SAP to post FI document.. Which is the best IDOC message type and I also wnated toknow what are all the mandatory field for psting FI document..

rgds

aksk

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you know how your FI doc (with travel expenses) should look like in target system?

If yes, then to find out what fileds are filed be default you can set up outboud senario and post such a document in target system. It will generate IDocs with all fileds that have been used to post this FI doc.

This might give you an overview how the imput Idoc should look like, actually exactly as outbound Idoc

since you transfer entere Fi doc via message FIDDC1/2.

If it comes to travel expenses you could maybe use this BAPI: BAPI_ACC_EMPLOYEE_EXP_POST or corresponding message type: ACC_EMPLOYEE_EXP (See transaction BAPI) but I'm not sure, please send post on HR or FI forum.

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting some expenses file (through PI system) which needs to be posted in SAP FI. What I wanted to know is that whether I should use Message type : FIDCC1 and Basic Type FIDCCP02 for mapping IDOCs.

What I wanted is that if I use this IDOC type, this should create an FI document.. can you pls guide me in detail what are all the mandatory field for this IDOC to post an FI document..

rgds

aksk

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you referred the note 114814 question " 2 - Creating the IDoc FIDCCP01 from an external interface - external data transfer"?

I guess that you need to play around with WE19

Regards

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graphical mapping is not intelligent enough to do complex mapping.This type of mapping can only be achieved by writing a Java Code and importing it into XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

Do you have a sample of a Java mapping code?

Thanks,

Yogesh