cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quatation & proforma invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can any one clarify me whether quatation & proforma invoice are legal documents or not

Regards,

JM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

An accurate and professionally submitted pro forma-invoice can help buyers to make a decision and agree to the quotation.

So I would say pro forma is legal not quotation.

Hope this helps..

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1.Quatation and proforma belongs to legal documents because if Quatation is sent to a customer then it gets legal binding saying you are ready to offer him that price and if you doent provide that then he can take that one legally.

2. Proforma also it is used for customs side when using the exports and imports so it is also legal

Hey this is my opinion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

This is already posted in the SD general forum. Pls donot post multiple threads for the same query.

Quotation is a legal doc. Coz it is a binding doc that allows the company to sell goods to the customers agreed upon conditions & that has a validity period.

Proforma invoice, I dont think it is a legal doc. Coz it is just used as a reference & will not have any A/c'g implications.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivanand,

Thanks for your reply,

I posted my questions multiple times as I want many people to see it and answer. If I post my question in SD general alone, then some people may not see it and give me answer. I do not think posting a question multiple times is worng thing.

Regards,

JM