cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the DC .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to make some changes in a Devlopment Component which was in other PC, I have copied the .dtc folder from that pc into mine now .

Now when I import it using Existing Project from the Workspace and deploy it many errors comes.

what should I do ?? What is the Ideal way of Using the DC devloped by someone else.

Regards

Upendra.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using NWDI..... then

Why do you want to use .dtc to do that.

as recommended go to inactive DC's, Sync the project by right clicking on DC and then from context menu (right clicking) click "create Project". the latest checked in DC will come to your local system NWDS.

Do the necessary modifications and then check in the DC. it will upload to original.

If you are not using NWDI... then

repair the project, check all dependency DC's are imported and Built successfully then rebuild the DC.

if still errors appear, then go to navigation explorer tab, delete GEN_WDP from the DC tree structre, come to WD explorer, then Build the Project. This will solve your problem.

PradeeP

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check whether the dependent DC and API exists...

Try repairing class path...

Reload the project.

Also to know better abt the errors, use the Problem / Error tab of NWDS... to know where xactly prob lies and wat...

If you can reply with the trace of the prob it will b helpful for us to tell you the precise answer...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the DC is remote,

connect to NWDI, open DI perspective. Choose the project u want and choose create project from it context menu.

This makes the project to be available in ur PC.

If there are any errors, do repair. still if errors occur then sync used Dcs.

If the Dc is local, which u want in ur PC then u must get the _comp folder of that DC available in other PC.

Aftr that create project locally and copy _comp in ur DC .

Hope this will help U.

Regards,

Archana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through this thread

Regards,

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Upendra,

Ideal way of using DC is through NWDI.Once the DC is developed in a track we can use this DC from any other PC by connecting to the track and then sync up the DC.

Refer to this web blog

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ideally one should be creating a DC under a SC , after developing the DC it must be cheked into the DTR,activated and released and the other person who wants to use this DC must add it to the used DC's undet DCMetadata of the DC.

Regards,

Satya.

yogesh_galphade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to repair a classpath, right click on project and repair