cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while using new debugger

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I want to debug smartform which is configured in SRM. When I put break point in smartform. It is going to debugging mode through web but it is not creating another screen for debugger.

It is showing error ' No additional external mode for new abap debugger available ' . How to get debugger in another screen as we get normally.

Thanks,

Deepika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

It's stupid but I had the same error message... because I reached maximal user sessions and forgot that new debugger open new session Just a little note for those who sometimes use internet search first instead of thinking

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

For the new debugger you need seperate session to run it. In you case let's say you are allowed to have 4 session open for you login, and if you have 4 sessions open already, then this debugging problem will occur. So to debug in the new debugger close few unwanted sessions, or if you get a change to open new debugger then 'turn off' the new debugger option(to switch to the old debugger).

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even after that error comes, you can still switch to new debugger by closing any of your unused sessions and by selecting Switch to new debugger.

Regards

Karthik D

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi either you have reached maximum number of sessions or

you can do one thing click on Debugger

then choose switch to new abap debugging.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the number of sessions which you have opened if the number exceeds six then you will get that type of message. Then close some unused sessions and try once again.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is because for you(User) the Session's would have been restricted.

In the new debugger, the debugging screen will open in a new session.

To get back your old debugging mode permanently, follow the below steps:-

From the program (Transaction SE38 or SE80), navigate (from the menu) Utilities->Setting-> ABAP editor-> debugging-> Choose the radio button, Classic debugger and click enter.