cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Standalone Distribted Installation (MCOD) procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We want to do Java Standalone Distributed installation..

Requirement:

1. We have already BI7.0 SAP+DB which is running on host A with SID - BWD

2. Now we would like to go for standalone distributed installation on seperate host B with different SID - BJD , in this case we would like to install SCS and CI on host B with sid BJD.

3. And would like to install Database of Java on old existing ABAP Database on host A only..

Question:

1. While installing DB instance it will be asking for the DB SID and Host name,.. If I give the old existing ABAP DB SID (i.e.. BWD) -- whether it is going to overwrite the existing Database with new structure?

2. If I give the new SID of Java (i.e.. BJD), will it go and create new DB structure,.? which we don't want..

Please Advice on this how to proceed further for the DB installation.?.. Will be waiting for your kindly responce..

Thank you,

Ramesh

Edited by: Ramesh Koduri on Nov 19, 2008 12:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Answers:

1. While installing DB instance it will be asking for the DB SID and Host name,.. If I give the old existing ABAP DB SID (i.e.. BWD) -- whether it is going to overwrite the existing Database with new structure? - No.. It will not overwrite. It will create a separate schema for the java instance.

2. If I give the new SID of Java (i.e.. BJD), will it go and create noe DB structure,.? which we don't want.. - YES. If you give the new SID, it will create a separate database with the new SID and it will not be MCOD.

SAP recommends running MCOD systems in the same context. SAP does not recommend mixing test, development, and productive systems in the same MCOD database. Mixing of productive and non-productive systems is not supported. If you are going to do this for a productive system, i suggest not to go for MCOD. (just my recommendation) .

Regards,

Jazz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jazz,

The same way I've stated the installation.....

Standalone -> Distributed -> Based on AS Java

SCS installaed on new host with new SID - Installed succesfully..

Started doing DB installtion on existing DB host with old ABAP DB SID -- with MCOD Option as you said..

It has thorown error at phase 1 of 15.

with below error message:

ERROR 2008-11-20 08:25:10.634

FCO-00011 The step setUserEnvironment with step key

|NW_Java_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Users_Create_Do|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|setUserEnvironment was executed with status

ERROR .

Please advice on this,

Thank you,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Well, apparently there was some problem in creating the user enviornment, but the log you posted does not give enough information. Please post the log for the individual phase, not the overall installation log.

Best Regards,

Matt