Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow boot after installing "SAP NetWeaver 7.01 - ABAP Trial Version"

pooyou
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have successfully installed "_SAP NetWeaver 7.01 - ABAP Trial Version_" on my personal computer, but since, booting is really really slow.

I guess it's because what I installed launchs lots of processes. However, as I don't want to use SAP everyday (it's still my personal computer), I'd like :

1) to get my performances back without uninstalling SAP

2) be able to start all those processes when I start SAP.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

after reading this thread, I resolved to NOT start services automatically, only when I wanted to run minisap. I am in Vista Home Premium, by the way. I made 3 services (see below) Manual instead of Automatic, and then created a couple of .BAT files to start and stop them. I run the starting BAT before launching minisap, and run the stopping BAT after I have shut minisap down... I have to run them as administrator, of course. Here's my code, which works fine for me:

StartServices.bat

NET START XServer

NET START "SAP DBTech-NSP"

NET START SAPNSP_00

StopServices.bat

NET STOP SAPNSP_00

NET STOP "SAP DBTech-NSP"

NET STOP XServer

The order of the commands is important, the middle one takes the longest to start/stop and is launching MaxDB. If the service name contains spaces you need the double quotes!!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Njiva.

basically we do not make much registry entries. So if the services are down, there should not be much overhead. Please coonfirm that windows service SAP* and MaxDB*, XServer are shutdown.

Especially Database consumes a lot of memory.

pooyou
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help!!

I didn't think about desactivating the services, and I didn't see the Xserver as the last entry of them

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There are a couple of services that start up when your system starts. I have changed these services to start "Manully" instead so they don't start all the time. It has helped in the performance of the startup. So try doing this and see what happens.

Go to the my computer icon on your desktop, and right click, choose Manage. Click on "Services and Applications", then on "Services" Page down till you see SAP DB WWW and SAPNSP_00, change both of those to have a StartUp Type of Manual, by double-clicking on them That should be it.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

former_member366527
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Rich, thank you Oliver for very godd advice.

Bye, Peter

former_member366527
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Njiva,

I use still w2k as OS with 4GB RAM. Yes I could check too that booting is slower. On the other side,

the booting of Trial version starts really at first by starting of your NSP instance in SAPMMC console. The booting depends also from RAM. I hope you can live with this, that booting is longer, but

you have your PC and SAP Trial version.

Peter