cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The XML page cannot be displayed..-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Partner is sending message on our XI system , but in our XI system we are getting system error,

When I checked in SXMB_MONI for payload contents, i got following message

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

-

Whitespace is not allowed at this location. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Users/ztis15/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Wind...

<NAME2>ABC Sales & Marketing Company B.</NAME2>

-

^

So Please suggest what can be the issue..

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,,.. tht error was due to & symbole in message.that is solved.. thanks all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh has correctly pointed to error. #,& such specical characters are not supported by XML hence it throws errors.

Can you open the XML in XML spy and check by what character this & is replaced in XML.

I was facing the similar problem with # character in description field and I found the below findings may be this can give you some hint.

chirag

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

An easy way to check if your file has any blank spaces or not is to open it in XL or notepad and remove the whitespaces and see if you open it in explorer or not. If the error is coz of that you can always go back and check where the blank spaces are being created. Also check if the input file is having any special characters as in & or $ etc. They tend to create such problems.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you download the XML from MONI into a file and open it using a Internet Explorer?

My gut feel,

1. You have a blank space at the declaration of < xml...

2. You are using & within your content and you need to denote it as & amp ; ( without spaces )

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bhavesh,

u r correct there is & in the field.

<NAME2>ABC Sales & Marketing Company B.</NAME2>

-

^

so is this error coz of that? so how to resolve it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Birjesh,

Just refer my reply and the thread link which I have send you, in that I ahve mentioned one weblog which converts the & into &amp using java mapping.

chirag

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you create the XML?

Did you manually create it? If yes, then you have not followed XML standards.

& is a a XML escape sequence and hence when you want to depict & in XML you depcit it as & amp ; (without spaces)

When you open same file, in your browser, you will notice the XML is a well formed XML.

Can you do as suggested by me in the previous post?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

actualy partner..... is sending me message . and i am gettin this error. actualy i was not able to c that xml file,coz of error so partner maild me that xml file..

i will try to resolve the issue by the solution given above.....

thanks

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

Since you are getting the files fro the partner you will have to use an adapter module which will do the following validations and then the message will enter XI.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is some problem with your mapping. Make sure that the xsl file does not have white space in node names.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek,

In the XML File that partner is goin to send me, there is space in name field ,

<NAME2>Basell Sales & Marketing Company B.</NAME2>

-

^

so is this error coz of this? or it is some thing to do with the '&' symbole?

n is there any place else i can check the payload that they have sent me,

in the error its showing location like ...

Whitespace is not allowed at this location. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Users/ztis15/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Wind...

but complete address is not there so not able to find it..