cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects Usage in PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Our client [in SMB market range] has a new product development project which involves stringent project management & quality control plans and uses Advance Product Quality Planning procedure [APQP].

I found that for their process of manufacturing, quality checks and entire project management scenario cProjects has to be used for effective project management. I believe cProjects is a different package [correct me if am wrong] of SAP. But our client has not gone for cProjects package.

Can u please suggest some ways to build the APQP templates, Control plan, quality checklist document uploading etc...and linking the same in PS without using cProjects. I also welcome any other suggestions from you experts.

Thanks & Regs,

Kabir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

The issue here is client has not installed the cProjects Suite. But the scenario requires the usage of cProjects. To my opinion, we have to either ask client to buy and install cProjects suite or we need to find an alternate method in PS to carry out the production & quality procedures of APQP.

We might have to use WBS & activities with some extra functionalities of PS. Our scenario is to do the planning, product & process development , process validation, prototype development and then final production.

Please suggest for the same.

Thanks,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are certain advantages and limitations of cProject suite over PS. You need to consider all these while selecting the appropriate one.

Some of the advantages which cProject are- it is web based, cProjects supports flexible project management and team collaboration, cProjects provides project structuring capabilities etc.

But when it comes to the execution part of the project, it lacks the integration with logistics and financials.

There is a std. road map given by SAP. Please go through it and then take a call

http://www.sap.com/solutions/businessmaps/3C4E3EE8F4DB49C3BB9015688F5D96B1/index.epx

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you...It was very helpful.

Regs,

Kabir