cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclusive Checkout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

If a developer has checked-out a file exclusively, then does the admin have privileges to undo that check-out? incase the developer leaves on vacation Or may be a force check-in ?

When I navigate to that file in DTR, I see the field, "Checked Out By" as "<Empty>" even though it has been checked out. Is that a bug?

Please let me know of any pointers.

Thank you,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

What you can do is login to DTR using the http://server:port/dtr/system-tools/reports/ActivityQuery and search for the open activiy.

Then click on the activity from the top right hand drop down select "Revert this activity."

I have not tried this for activities in which you have exclusively checked out resources, however i believe this should work.

This feature is available from SP12 onwards.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sidharth,

Thanks for the reply. That worked really cool!

But I have a problem. Since the activity has been reverted back, I now can not delete the activity in NWDS. Also, since I cannot delete the activity, I can not remove the configuration as there are pending activities.

Any solution?

Thanks,

Kiran

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Kiran,

Why cant you remove the activity. Once you have reverted it all the changes have gone. So it is as good as an empty activity. I believe this can be deleted.

Am i correct or have i missed something?

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sidharth,

I was able to delete the activity and remove the configuration from NWDS. For this, I had to restart NWDS couple of times. But I am doing some other stuff simultaneously so not sure what caused the problem.

But the bottom line is, I am able to revert back an activity with exclusive checked out files, delete the activity in NWDS and remove the configuration successfully.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Kiran

Answers (0)