cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM : Isse in ID settings!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was working on the test scenerio in SDN to gather knowledge in BPM. I have completed the IR settings succesfully.But when I am rying to do the ID settings, I am not getting things done, Concept is not working.

Experts,

my queries are,

1. Murthy has made only 1 Business service and within that he has created the sender and receiver File adapters, is my understanding OK?

2. In teh single business service that he has created[ BS_FILE_BPM] , he has used MI_FILE_to_IB, as Receiver and in the Sender MI_FILE_to_BPM_OB .

My query is hw come MI_FILE_to_IB is used in RECEIVER , it is th inbound, similarly hw come MI_FILE_to_BPM_OB is used as SENDER, this os actually the outbound. This part is not understood!

3.Creation of Integration Prosess is perfetly OK with me .

4.Now I have made 2 File adapters CCS and CCR for inbound and outbound.Now when I wish to make the RECEIVER Determination, as per Moorths doc, In the sender I am putting the single business system name as BS_FILE_BPM and I donnow why in the Sender Interface name I am putting MI_FILE_to_BPM_OB and even though I am putting so, I donget to see the MI_FILE_to_BPM_ABS in the Interface determinatiom as well as the interface mapping as IM_File_to_BPM.

Experts, I believe ,there is some small error, or confusion in my understanding, pls tell me where I am going wrong!

Regards,

Arnab!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that the main confusion lies for you in the point no.4:

4.Now I have made 2 File adapters CCS and CCR for inbound and outbound.
Now when I wish to make the RECEIVER Determination, as per Moorths doc, 
In the sender I am putting the single business system name as BS_FILE_BPM and 
I donnow why in the Sender Interface name I am putting MI_FILE_to_BPM_OB and even though I am putting so,I donget to see the MI_FILE_to_BPM_ABS in the Interface determinatiom as well as the 
interface mapping as IM_File_to_BPM.

Now let us try to solve it step-by-step:

1) I donnow why in the Sender Interface name I am putting MI_FILE_to_BPM_OB and even though I am putting so

Ans: The reason for doing so is that the MI_FILE_to_BPM_OB is configured for outward communication..meaning this message has to come out from some system and then it enters XI (before it goes to the final system)....hence included in the sender section

2) I donget to see the MI_FILE_to_BPM_ABS in the Interface determinatiom as well as the interface mapping as IM_File_to_BPM.

Ans:

Have you activated all the IR objects?

Have you properly imported the BPM into ID?

After importing the BPM activate the change and then see for any cache update error...

There may not be any serious issue...just something here and there....there is no issue in the blog:)

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek/ Dharamveer / Sanjeev

Many thanks to all of you .

Yes , I must say, nothing is wrong with the blog. It's me who had confusion. Murthy is perfect.

But I think I should not close the chain until I finish the scenerio, as may be I may need some more explanations with respect to this blog, where ever i get stuck!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have successfully completed the following scenerio in BPM.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1822. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

I am getting the following error in Messege mapping -> status -> Waiting !

Transmitting the message to endpoint http://XXXXXXX.XXXXXX.com:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.net.UnknownHostException: XXXXXXX.XXXXX.com.

Experts , Please comment !

Regards,

Arnab .

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will post a seperate blog for this as the existing 1 is old and not relevant!

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Murthy has made only 1 Business service and within that he has created the sender and receiver File adapters, is my understanding OK?

Yes, He assigned Inbound and Outbound interface to BPM_File_BPM Business Service and Configured under this Sender and Receiver Adapter.

2. In teh single business service that he has created BS_FILE_BPM , he has used MI_FILE_to_IB, as Receiver and in the Sender MI_FILE_to_BPM_OB .

Mentioned in blog is correct

Hi Outbound would be assign in Sender to BPM and Inbound assign Receiver of File System.

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

There seems to be a little misunderstanding. In terms of Interface creation the naming convention followed is a bit different. Outbound interface here means the message is coming into XI from the sender and inbound interface means the message is going out of the xi to the receiver. Do not get confused about it.

Another thing is about the sender service and receiver service, they are same in the blog. You can use the same service for both the purposes but its not recommended. Using different services for inbound and outbound, you can categorize your objects in ID easily.

And regarding configuration, are you using your IP as your receiver in the receiver determination? In that case only you will be able to see the Abstract interface in your interface determination.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev.