SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP F&R:: Service Levels & Forecast Frequency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, while modelling some user requirements, I have come to figure out some kind of a "dynamic" link between the service levels "determined" for a location-product and the forecast frequency assigned to the said location product. Please find my observations below.

OBSERVATION

1. To start with, I had assigned an experimental Service Level Profile with all Service Levels values set to 99.99%.

2. However I find that for location-products which have a weekly forecast frequency as compared to those with a daily frequency, the system automatically/ dynamically determines a service level of 91.00, which is a value that is not maintained in the service level profile.

How does the system do this? What is the link between the forecast frequency and the service levels determined?

Looking forward to some suggestions!

Vismay Jani.

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

Hi,

this is is maybe due to the product classification ABC,

here there are also default profiles, see with SPRO.

Thanks,

Regards,

Nicolas

hans-georg_kloep
Explorer
0 Kudos

hello,

you can define service levels for let's say different objects

- selling class

- ABC indicator

to simply the maintenance you can define a more "global/general" service level for each object.

the selling class is calculated/determined by each forecast calculation automatically. if the selling class changed an other service level will be considered by the next forecast calculation automatically.

there is definitively no difference between a daily and a weekly (or what ever) forecast frequency.

regards, Hans-Georg