cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens tp PPM when BOM is changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I BOM A and routing A with production version A in R/3 material master for a product PA at location LA. The BOM and routing are CIFed to APO and the PPM A is created. Now I go to MM02 and chnage the BOM in the version A to BOM B. After CIFing, does this go and update the PPM A or doe it create another PPM as the BOM is changed??

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

maheshbabu_mg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Visu Venkat.

While you change the BOM in the production version, the new BOM will be updated in the SAME PPM

during the change transfer.NO new PPM will be created.

New PPM will be created if, there is a new production version created & included in a Active Int. Model.

Thanks

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Which PPM will be updated, only PP/DS PPM or both PP/DS and SNP PPMs?

I have some troubles with these changes, as I get an error message that the mode combination is no longer valid and SNP PPM is not updated.

Meanwhile, is there a way to generate mode combination in background?

Regards,

Alper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mahesh, Alpher and Sai,

Thanks for the replies. The reason why I am sceptic that the same PPM would somehow swap the BOM is that your PPM number is a combination of routing and BOM and since the BOM changed, does the system retain the same number? I mean same plan??

I agree with Sai that it is better to create another version and maintain different validity dates.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

if the changes are done in the BOM and you do not not change the bom alternative and routing in the production version, the system will not create a new PPM.

We are using ECM in R/3 to change the BOMs and a re-explode job to adjust the BOMs in the planned orders.

/ Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will change the same PPM but is always advisable to maintain different validity periods