Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question in version compatibility on this landscape:

NWDS : 7.0.09 (SP9 Dev Workplace)

NWDI : SP 14

RTS: SP 14

Local J2EE Engine/Dev Workplace: SP 09

From what I know is that the SP level of the RTS and the NWDS is recommended to be the same. Though we have a local J2EE engine for that is of SP 09.

1) Do we need to patch our local J2EE engine to SP14 as well? or

2) Can we still work in and NWDS and Dev Workplace/local J2EE engine SP9 version despite an RTS of higher SP?

3) Shouldn't I just worry about the SR version of the NWDS? (We are SR2 now and NWDS is SR2)

Regards,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan,

Your questions look reasonable.

While I cannot tell you for sure about SP9 SP14 interaction, there is an experience with NWDS SP11 and NWDI SP12 and RTS SP14.

The only issue observed was a difference of JDK versions between NWDS, CBS and RTS.

Make sure JDK version of NWDS and CBS are in sync with RTS and it should not be a problem.

Otherwise you will see something like "java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: <comp> (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0) ".

You can have multiple JDKs installed and specify which one to use for NWDS.

CBS also has a setting for JDK path to use for builds.

Regards,

Slava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Makes sense.

I have encountered the same problem before having different JDK versions for diffirent NW components/areas. We're using j2sdk 1.4.2._13 at the moment for all system(s)

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Newer versions of NWDS and the J2EE engines provide new features and may possible loose old features (being replaced). Therefore it is always recommend to keep them on the same SP level.

In your case I strongly recommend to upgrade your NWDS and local J2EE. The SP level difference is too big; there's more than one year between those releases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question regaring versioning. We have NWDI SP16, NWDS SP10 and our Portal is on SP14 for Nw04s components and SP12 for ERP components. To which level should we upgrade our NWDS? To SP12 or SP14?

Regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upgrade it to the same level of the Java stack of your server.

0 Kudos

Hello,

we have NWDI 7.0 SP18 and would like to use it for development of PI 7.11 / NWCE 7.11.

What do we have to do with NWDI / SLD to make it supporting these Versions?

NWDS and RTS do have the respective Version for PI /NWCE.

Best regards,

Manuel Schaffner