cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very imp - Changing Header condition to Item Condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

Iam changing one header condition to item condition - manual condition. and moving the request to poduction. My doubt is like, is there any impact on exsisting open sales order, deliveries, etcs.

if they update pricing in the open sales order new condition will be activated or else its behaving same as header condition for exsisting open sales orders.

For open delievries, if we update pricing in sales order and invoice, will it take new condition or it wont chnage in invoice?

What all are impacts will have if we change? is this suggestable or not.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ramki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ramki

If you change the header condition to item condition and if you update the prices of the open orders also, then the price also changes.at item level and header level .so the price will vary.

But you will be sending the output to the sold to party once you create the sales order. But if any changes take place then you have to change the price and again send the output to the sold to party.

It is not advisable to change the header condition type to item condition type

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

any inputs more

Thanks

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My suggestion would be,

1) create a new pricing procedure by copying the existing one. In the new pricing procedure, change the condition type from header condition type to item condition type. Then assign the new procedure to the documents in the SPRO.

2) By this way, the old documents created with old values remain as it is and when the users check for the old documents, they may not face any system issues or messages.

3) For the existing documents like open orders or partial delivered orders, you can run a CATT script just to update the pricing. By this way, the item condition type pricing will be applied.

4) Check the OSS notes for any other checks. I had another situation where is I changed the pricing condition types steps in the pricing procedure. I moved to production system and had tough time with error messages. So when I refered the OSS notes, I found the above solution mentioned in step 1.

I strongly suggest you to refer OSS notes and do enough testing in your test system before you move the changes (whatever your final decision would be) to production system. You may check OSS notes 388112.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ramki,

If we change the pricing condition manually,after saving the sales order if we create the delivery w.r.t. that sales order then the new pricing will appear in all subsequent documents.

If you have already created the subsequent documents and if you change the pricing in sales order then it will have no effect i.e. it will fetch up the old pricing only.

consider the case like this:If you have created the delivery and if you change the pricing in sales order then it will have no effect on delivery and if you create the billing document w.r.t. that sales order then it will fetch up the new price.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks mohan,

Any more views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

My thought is that if a sales order is fully open or fully completed i.e. an order in which alll line items have been delivered or sales orders which have no delivery done., you will not have any issues, becoz as mohan said that all succeding documents and actions will follow new pricing mechanism.

I am worried about the sales order which have been partially delivered, and the header pricing condition has distributed the header price to the line items. In this case I dont know how the system will behave.

Becuase the lines which have been delivered and are frozen. But the mechanism of calculation was top down. Now the mechanism of calculation will be bottom up.

I am not sure of this but in most probability, it should not be an error, becuase for the header price is already distributed to line item and the line item is already frozen, this means that repricing will not happen for this line item. And the new pricing mechanism will do the determination of all other items, and then total of the item value for all the line items will be updated in the header.

But I will suggest you to test this in your quality environment.

Hope this helps,

Abhishek