cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import a transport request into a Virtual System?

erick-acosta
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm trying to implement in our Solution Manager the SAP Note 1107804, wich has a transport request attached as part of the solution. Our Solution Manager transport system is configured as a Single System with SSM (local system) -> VSM (virtual system). We do not have QA nor Production environments, just the Operation box.

So, I wonder if it's possible to import an external transport request into a virtual system. Whit an external request, I mean the SAP request attached in the note.

I know how to add a transport request to the import queue, in fact I have already done this step, but when I want to import the request, the button Import is not showed. I also searched in the menu Request, but option Import appears disabled (gray colored).

As a comment, I never had to import any kind of requests into this solution manager as all configuration and development stays local.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Erick Acosta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erick Acosta Flores ,

Can you try with iporting this via OS level.

Regards,

S.Manu.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

erick-acosta
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you all guys, yes, it's not possible to import a change request into a virtual system. Well, in fact what I wanted to do was to import the request attached in the SAP Note and it doesn't matter to us if it's in the virtual or in the local system, the stuff was to import it to correct the issues related in the note.

As you suggested, I used the tp program at operating system level and it worked succesfully.

tp import <TR> <SID>

Again, thanks for your support.

Erick Acosta

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erick Acosta,

Yes, What Moshe Yitzhaky said is true, sorry for miss guide it was my over look.Could you please check the OSS note Note 313991 - TMS Quality Assurance and individual shipment strategy some how help ful but i donot think you can perform import.

Regards,

S.Manu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But, of course you can virtually import the transport in the virtual system...

Virtually, all is possible !

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope that I understand you right.

you should import CRs only to real system.

virtual sysetm only keep place for a real system. you cannot import CRs to this system.