cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow of Real (Transaction values ) to WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I created a WBS Element and then an AuC and updated the WBS element in the AuC Master Data.

Now I am creating a PO, If I choose Account Assignment Category as A and then enter the Auc number, would it flow values to both AuC as well as the WBS element (so that I would not have to do any settlement during period close) and would that allow me to view costs from a WBS Element perspective also.

Also, what would happen if I choose Account Assignment Category as P and enter the WBS Element - I am guessing that it would flow the values to the WBS Element, which would then be settled to the Auc during period close - Correct me if I am wrong.

Last one - How would I post the costs to only the project (not to WBS Element) and what are the pros/cons of doing so.

All answers/thoughts/inputs would be duly appreciated and rewarded with points.

Thanks,

Nandita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you are right, if you settle to WBS, you can later settle it if you like to AuC during period end closing..

i believe you cant settle directly to a project (Project definition), you need to select a WBS or activity..

but if you like, you can create cost centers for each project and do the settlement there..

cost center is good way to monitor costs of project..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. If the account assignment catagory is A, cost will be posted to asset. No need to settle the WBS then.

2. In case if it P, WBS will get debited and will have to be settled.

3.You can not post to Project Defination... It is not a cost object.. it has to be WBS..

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos