cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostics: Managed System Setup does not connect to installed agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a Diagnostics which I want to connect to an agent.

The Diagnostics is running on SolMan SP16, called "SM".

The Agent is running on an NW 2004s EP, called "EP".

Both are on a Linux OS.

During the managed systems setup wizard, I select my solution ("RS") and the managed system ("EP").

But when I try to set the Instance Application Server Java Details, using the values proposed by the system (Agent and Installation Path: ("/usr/sap/EP" or "/usr/sap/SMD") ), I get an error message telling me that the system could not connect to the agent ("remote error occured").

I didn't find a solution in the internet about that. (Haven't looked thru notes yet)

I have no idea, what the error could be - any help would be appreciated. Even the path to the log files would be helpfull, as that would give me an idea, where to start acting.

Thanks in advance, Jan

PS: I checked the logs in these places: /usr/sap/SMD/J96/SMDAgent/log/ and /usr/sap/SMD/J96/work/

Edited by: Jan Krüger on Nov 18, 2008 7:27 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also having a similar problem setting up smd agent but lets just get to your issue first:

Did you check the log under /usr/sapSMD/J98/SMDAgent/log that SMD agent is running or any errors connecting.

Did you check the username that is configured to connect? Make sure it is SMD_ADMIN and it should belong to j2ee_admin group.

You can change the username for SMDagent by running the script smdsetup.sh under /usr/sapSMD/J98/script

Let me know if you need help on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We still have no idea, why the agent showed that behaviour.

But for some miracle reason, the agent is now found / seen in the Diagnostics and the managed systems setup can be started.

As per the user issue, note 917080 did help (although it seems obvious, what's mentioned there).

Jan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Unix go to /usr/sap/SMD/J98/script run the smdadmin.sh script by typing ./smdadmin.sh. This is the startup command to start the Diagnostics Agent. Also you need to log in as smdadm to run this command.

Tariq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I started the Admin Console, as you mentioned it. But what can I see or do there?

Regards,

Jan