Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel expense approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

How does the standard travel expense approval work

This is my current setup

1) Travel assistants enter travel expenses.

2) Travel expense department needs to review the same and check for any inconsistencies.

3) A generic manager needs to approve the same.

This is the approach I want to take. ( and there are some gap and questions there)

1) Travel assistants enter travel expenses.

Give this employee Web dybpro for ABAP application "My employees" or Travel expense manager R/3 transaction through which they can enter the information for their corresponig employee. These travel expenses will be saved with status. "Trip completed/Report entered ".

2) Travel expense department needs to review the same and check for any inconsistencies

What R/3 or web access do I give these folks. Becuase As soon as the status is set to to "Trip completed/Report entered ", this can be accessed by generic manager in step 3. We dont want the generic managaer to be able to view and approve until travel expense department approves the same.

But how do we acheive this using WDA application. If we use R/3, Probably we can tell the genereic managers in step 3 not to approve until the status is set to "Trip/Report Approved" and settlement is "open". This status can be set by the step 2 -travel expense department- on verifying the expenses. Then I can ask generic managers to set status to "Trip/Report Approved" and settlement is "to be settled".

But how do we acheive this using WDA applications as these are immedieatley avilible to step 3 managers as soon as they are entered and before travel department verifies the expenses. And is the process that I described above fot R/3 as well, is that the right way?

3) A generic manager needs to approve the same. They will use POWL to adjust the employees they want to act as travel expense approver.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope u required approval or rejection process of travel expense report which is created by employee.

This could be done in R/3 by creating workflow. For example I will share our scenario, employee creates a trip in EP. Then the workflow will pick the employee 's superior (Who is going to approve) from OM table or PA and a notification mail sent to both the employee & his superior. And also automatically a task will be generated in Superior's MSS portal. Then manger can reject or approve employee's travel request.

Pl let me know if u need more details.

Thanks,

Nandagopal C

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chiranjeevi,

please even my problem almost same as this disscussion issue.i am abap consultant,

my requirement is when ever approver approve or reject the trip those trip details should be captured ztable in database, how to do it please help me,is it the workflow work or abap work?

and what is the process to do this. i need to cature the personnal number,trip number,approver user id,date, status (Approved or rejected).please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Approver will apporve the Trip with the help of T-code PR05/PRAP. So you can pull out all the required data from here and store in Z-table.

Thanks'

Gautam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did some coding using enhancment frameowork