cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is blueprint a basis job?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am requested to do blueprint on SM7.0 for our project.

I am a basis person for years and I think I can setup servicedesk or CharM, but not blue print.

What do you think? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda Li ,

I agree. It is the job of Solution Manager Consultant with the help of Project Manager. Becasue a basis person will not know what are the business processes involved to create the blueprint.

Reagrds,

Sanjai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a job of functional consultant. Because he directly iteract with client to know the business process and let it known to basis and Abap.\

Regards,

Nikhil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

Though strictly speaking,Blueprinting is a functional consultants job but I have some different views on this.

Business blueprinting involves setting up:

1.Business scenarios

2.Business processes under the scenario

3.Process steps under the Business process

4.Transaction code for process steps.

The job is going to be easy for you if you already have the TO-BE document with you along with the configuration guide created for it.

These docs will give you the clients business scenarios and all the heirarchical things under it like process,process steps and transaction codes.You can map them all in the blueprinting phase in sequences as per the guiding docs.

You definitely shall have to interact with buisiness analysts and business design consultants so that the blueprint structure is going well.

Perhaps you can give it a good try to learn a new paradimn in Solution manager.

Good luck!

Mukhraj