cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

This is my first time to install a SAP System. I am having a lot of trouble. On my Win 2003 R3 Server x64 is an installation of MS Sql Server 2005 I want to install a ERP 6.0 on it. To start I understood to install the Solution Manager 7.0 first - then the Netweaver - and Finally the ERP - correct me if I am wrong.

The installation of the Solution Manager stops at Point 17 "Import Java Dump" Retry or abort....

I HAve tried to deinstall and run installation again... The same Result. In Some Log files I read that there are problems conectin ti the Data base, but some steps ago, the DB was created and I have arround 15 GB Database files on the disk.

Are there Any Ideas to solve this problem?

And why does the Label of the Disk say Solution Manager 7.0 and when I try to install, in the Dialogs it says Solution MAnager 4 - hmm

Best Regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

1. What version of J2SDK are you using? Because few versions are not compatible.

2. DB: The better approach is install DB first and then start installing Solution Manager. Because we had encountered DB connection problem when we tried to install DB through solution manager installation.

Regards,

Sanjai

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 2. DB: The better approach is install DB first and then start installing Solution Manager. Because we had encountered DB connection problem when we tried to install DB through solution manager installation.

This depends on the operating system and database used. On Unix platforms and e. g. Oracle you never install the database before but when sapinst requests you to do so. On Windows DB2 9.5 is installed using sapinst so read the installation guides for you DB/OS combination, they will tell you if you need to install the database before or during the installation.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a j2sdk1.4.2_14-x64 installed on the system and. as I mentioned a MS SQL Database. Installationguide describes how to configure the installer, but the installer just stop.

What about the Java issue? Can I use this j2sdk?

Here the log file entry maybe this helps:

18.11.08 17:28:43 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

SEVERE: couldn't connect to DB

18.11.08 17:28:43 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload logStackTrace

SEVERE: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Es konnte keine TCP/IP-Verbindung mit dem Host hergestellt werden. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(Unknown Source)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(Unknown Source)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.loginWithoutFailover(Unknown Source)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(Unknown Source)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.NativeConnectionFactory.createNativeConnection(NativeConnectionFactory.java:215)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.createConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:522)

at com.sap.sql.connect.OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.getConnection(OpenSQLDataSourceImpl.java:276)

at com.sap.inst.jload.db.DBConnection.connectViaSecureStore(DBConnection.java:105)

at com.sap.inst.jload.db.DBConnection.connect(DBConnection.java:149)

at com.sap.inst.jload.Jload.main(Jload.java:580)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)

at com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart.main(OfflineToolStart.java:81)

Thank you for your attention.

Best Regards

Christian

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 18.11.08 17:28:43 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload main

> SEVERE: couldn't connect to DB

>

>

> 18.11.08 17:28:43 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload logStackTrace

> SEVERE: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Es konnte keine TCP/IP-Verbindung mit dem Host hergestellt werden. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

It seems your database is not running - please check that.

Are you using a GERMAN Windows server? this is not supported...

Markus