cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML - Sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have extracted XSD from my repository and now have a schema for incoming XML files. Problem is that I have maintained the sequence within Root element to other elements. Data in incoming XML file can be in any order. This forces MDM Import Manager to reject the file as the file does not have correct sequence. Point is you cannot force external system to schema (sequence) written by MDM.

I have investigated Choice/All but they dont seem to work. Has anybody encountered this issue before?

Regards,

Dev.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devashish,

The MDM Repository Schema is useful to use for importing When you are importing data which is in the order and format as stored within MDM.

If you are importing a source file with a XML schema other than the MDM Repository schema then it is alwys preferred to use to Xml Schema from the source file it self and not the Schema generated from MDM.

For examlple if you are importing Material master form ECC in to MDM you should use the MATMAS05 schema and not the MDM rep one for importing.

This source schema can be either generated from ecc system itself or From the middle ware used in the landscape like XI.

We can edit the XML source file and reorder the fields but it is not a feasible solution.

So when you are going for XML importing of master coming in other standard formats and not as per MDM rep design .Then the Schema must also be as per the Source.

There are some software appliactions available to generate XML schema from the XML source or else the other alternative would be the ask the XI to generate it for you.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto