cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while deploying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on migration of an application from J2EE to SAP WAS.

Suddenly i have come up with this problem that whenever i am deploying my application, there is a deployment error stating:

Cannot open apps/petstore/PetStoreAppNew configuration for application petstore/PetStoreAppNew in operation update. Reason: Cannot lock Configuration; it is already locked..; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Cannot open apps/petstore/PetStoreAppNew configuration for application petstore/PetStoreAppNew in operation update. Reason: Cannot lock Configuration; it is already locked..

But if i restart the server this error goes.

Please if anybody can guide me as to how to avoid this error

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check you system user access level rights. is it admin user?

Jawahar

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what you got is a lock on the application that did not go away after deployment finished. This should not happen under normal circumstances. Actually I wonder why this happens after a restart, because the lock should be gone after this (on a usual installation it would only be in memory).

Did you have any problems with deployment? Did you use different tools for this?

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

I did not have any problem in deoployment nither did i use any different tool for deploying.

This lock goes only if I restart the server. It is really difficult to restart the server everytime i need to deploy.

I think some setting in the server has got disturbed.

Please if u can tell me which setting will fix this error.

Regards,

Neetu

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Neetu,

there is no such setting. I assume you're using NWDS?

There are two services in visual admin where you can see your locks. That is "Application Locking" and "Locking Adapter". Please start the program and watch if you have any entries in those.

Regards,

Benny