cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install/extend user licence in Netweaver SR3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I purchased a Netweaver Devloper Subscription and installed the SR3 release on Windows back in October. Then I created a SAP developer user and installed an SSCR key for this user for ABAP development. Finally, I installed the permanent Development Subscription license under New Licenses and deleted the temporary one under Old Licenses in SLICENSE screen. Now under New Licenses, I can see my permanent license is good until next September but the logon for my developer user fails giving me an error that it failed the license check. I can still log on as SAP* but under System/Status the license expiration is blank and the color of the system icon in the mangement console never changes to green when I try to start the system. Is it not recognizing the new license that I installed? Is it necessary to extend the license for individual users?

Whatever help you can provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Chris Piret

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rovi,

I'll be happy to tell you what I know, which is still not much yet, but, yes, I did get past that point.

My original problem was that though I had a 64-bit capable CPU, I was running a 32-bit version of Windows 2003. The SR3 release is really only supported on 64-bit systems. When I installed Windows Server 2003 Standard 64-bit, that missing selection in the installer which has the Central Instance under it magically showed up in the list and I had no trouble installing it.

But there is one other problem I had later. Be sure you have the correct 64-bit version of the Java SDK. I am using the version 1.4.2_13 and the link I got for it from this forum for is:

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDeta...

The java installer packed with this may fail the first time and then work on the second try.

As for the license issue which I opened this thread for, I later found out it was the result of a wrong hardware key. There was a letter 'o' in the beginning of the hardware key which I mistook for a digit '0'.

Good luck in your efforts. By the way, I am leaving on vacation Dec 13, so if I miss your reply, I'll look for it in January.

-Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris/Juan/Jazz

I have also purchased a Netweaver Devloper Subscription and trying to install the SR3 release with ABAP + Java system on a single Central Host. However I am running into an issue with (sadly) not even to choose the right options on screen one of sapinst. When I run Installation Master, I see folders for (1)SAP CRM 5.0 SR 3, (2) SAP ERP 6.0, (3) SAP SCM 5.0, (4) SAP SRM 5.0, (5) SAP Netweaver 7.0 SR3.

If I choose (5), I see (a) Standalone Engines (b)Optional Standalone Units (c) Software Lifecycle Options. Under (c) I do see Application Server -> Max DB -> Dialog Instance, but no Central instance.

Can you please advice which option in this entire tree should I be selecting for ABAP + Java on Central instance. I am looking for EP, NWDI, ABAP, etc.

I trust you have scrossed this stage recently, so if you can share your experience it would be simply great.

I have looked at https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/home/installationCheatSheetforWindows-MaxDB as well as Installation Guide for SR3 but no clarity on this can be found anywhere...have also tried many hits and trials, but all negative.

Regards,

Rovi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jazz,

Yes, I first deleted the old expired temporary license at the time I installed the first permanent license which had a valid status and expiration of 30.09.2009. On the advice of Juan, I obtained a second permanent license, and installed it after deleting the old one. Just now, I again deleted the old one and reinstalled the new one. It still has a valid status and expiration of 30.09.2009. The expiration date in the Current Settings in SLICENSE is blank and only the SAP* user can log on. One other observation: the tempoary license that had been working was under the Old Licenses and the new ones they have been sending me as attachments are New Licenses. Is it possible there is a problem with the system recognizing the new format? Is there some way to get a better error description or the exact reason why it is failing the license check?

Thank you for your help

-Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

Thank you for your suggestion. I requested and received a new license from the SMP and just installed it in SLICENSE under New Licenses from the attached file. It shows as having a "valid" status with an expiration date of September 2009 but the license expiration still does not show up above under Current Settings nor will the system let anyone but SAP* log on. I verified that the hardware key and system name are correct. Is there anything else I can check to find the problem?

-Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chris,

Delete the old expired license from your system and apply the new one. It should work. Please try this..

Regards,

Jazz

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it not recognizing the new license that I installed? Is it necessary to extend the license for individual users?

No necesary to extend the license for users... most likely the license you installed is not valid.... request a new license via SMP and load it again.. make sure that all details are properly maintained in SMP.

Regards

Juan