cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating inputfields from CONTEXT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I dont know if as I am new to wd to abap and doing silly mistakes or wd4a is not smart as wd4j, must say that........sorry for wd4a lovers

Now things is that I am trying to create inputfields from CONTEXT. In context I have couple of structurs....so from str1 I select 2 inputfields works fine.... then I again went to context and take 2 inputfields from str2 and what I see.......the inputfields from str1 are gone and now I have inputfields from str2 ?... I cant belive on my eyes though.....and I tried couple of times and having endup with same result....

So pls suggest, how I can place inputfields which are comming from different str via context ?

Would be really greatfull for valuable inputs....

Thanks and regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not gone, it should be there in the UI elements window on the right hand side. You can see it but it's not appearing on the screen right? I think the layout property is changed some how. Now follow these steps...

1- Go to the first input field, and change the layout of this input field. e.g if you are using matrix layout for the container, then for this input field change the property 'Layout DAta' to matrix head data. By doing this your Input fields will come back...

Former Member
0 Kudos

My transparent container is of type GRIDlayout which has tabstrip. On first tab I am having transparentcontainer which is also gridlayout and then I am having my inputfields......

I even run the application and literlly one the last inputfields are shows...the inputfields which I added first are either gone or overwritten.,,,,,

Secondly not only in view.......even in the container-tree str I cant see the inputfields and lable which I have entered first.....

Edited by: Shah H on Nov 18, 2008 5:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are u seeing the input fields in the ui elements window on the right hand side? I mean the properties windows, where you have defined them. This happens to me alot of time but it works the way i told you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO not even on the right hand side ( it just disapper from the transparent container and only the inputfields which I added 2nd time are visible now ).....

Anyway I have no other option left , to manully insert the inputfields from various strs ? right

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just added 2 input fields from different context and workign fine. could u pls let me know the steps how u r creaing the input fields and how you r mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, here it goes....

I have a Tabstrip and there I have a T.Container....when you do right click on t-container there is a menu...( in german it is called 'Container formular erzeugen' ) then I can select the input-fields from my context. you know what I mean ?

In context I have 3 str......and from each str I want to have few inputfields....but after selecting inputfields from 1st str when I select inputfields from 2nd str, the inputfields from 1st str are gone/disapperd/over-written.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

oops, i got the problem. In tranparenet container you are right clicking and using 'Create container form'. When you add another context, the first one is disappeared.

So 2 options, either create 3 different transparent container and create input fields from container form and use different strucuture to bind.

the other option which is simple, just create one trsnparent container and create the input field column by column. it will work fine. so here u have to user 'insert element'.