cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backgroud job canceled automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

I schedule a backgroud job using tranction code:SM36, and check the job after the time I set.

The job started,released, actived but was canceled automatically finally, I check the log, it showed as follows:

Date Time Message text

2008.11.18 18:00:46 Job started

2008.11.18 18:00:46 Step 001 started (program RPTIME00, variant ZPT60, user ID TRACY)

2008.11.18 18:00:47 No forms available

2008.11.18 18:01:48 ABAP/4 processor: SPOOL_INTERNAL_ERROR

2008.11.18 18:01:48 Job cancelled

I check the forth setp"ABAP/4 processor:SPOOL_INTERNAL_ERROR" , it shows "abap runnint error"

Error analysis

When calling the SAP spool system, an (unspecified) internal

error occurred.

More detailed description of error: "spool overflow "

Does anyone could tell me how to find the reason?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nelson,

If you run into this problem it might be usefull for you to look into SAP Central Process Scheduling especially now that SM 36/37 is been put in maintanace mode and will not be developed any further. There is an OEM version for SAP CPS available from the SAP marketplace.

The link is:

The product can be downloaded from the SWDC under Application Group SAP Netweaver, Netweaver 7.0, SAP Central Process Scheduling.

if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me on +31606354598

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that your program probably is running on a lot of data and as a result, the spool is getting filled up. Try running the program with smaller datasets by manipulating the selection screen values.

Please check the OSS Note -

16534 - Job terminates due to SPOOL_INTERNAL_ERROR.

Thanks,

Nitesh Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check the prgm by running in foreground for any error or check with ABAPer, if any dump has been triggered.

Regards

TGB