cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Able to procure from the vendor not registered for the requestors company..

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have recently upgraded to support pack 11 of SRM Server 5.5. After the Upgrade, users are able to procure items form the Vendors who are not registered for the company the requestors are in. System is not throwing the error messages informing that the vendor is not registered for their company code. We are using ECC 6.0 as our backend.

Can anyone help me?

Regards,

Mahesh. J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How can they procure the items without registered vendor? How did you say that that vendor is not part of your organisation.How source of supply geting value ? Did you check the vendors are available in PPOSV_BBP and here BUK company codes are linking with your vendors.Can you elobaorate more ?

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthuraman,

We have two companyu2019s 1000 & 3000. Some vendors are maintained for the company code 3000 in the backend system (ECC). Users belonging to the company code 1000 are now able to raise PO with the vendor registered with company code 3000. Before the upgrade, system use to throw error message informing that the vendor is not maintained for the company code 1000.

Hope I made my self clear. Any inputs on this are highly appreciated.

Regards,

Mahesh. J

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

Can you explore more on your vendor master data . Generally that vendor must be in PPOSV_BBP and this internally related with your purchase organisation via BUK you maintained in PPOMV_BBP. How do you assign the vendor to the shopping card . Explain here .like source of supply.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthuraman,

Every thing looks fine. Vendors are assigned to the Organization structure in SRM Application. Vendor details are being replicated to SRM from the ECC. In ECC some vendor is created specific to a particular company code (Lets assume vendor registered to company 3000). Even though the vendor is not registered for company 1000, users under 1000 are able to raise POu2019s with this Vendor. Ideally this should not happen.

We are not using the vendor list. This is happening though the catalogue based items also.

Regards,

Mahesh. J

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Please update me what are BUK are maintained in your PPOSA_BBP.

For eg. you create one special request and go to source of supply select a prefered vendor search button. now you automatically filter your purchase organisation w.r.t vendors.so you can come to know what was the assignment with vendor/compmany code/purchase organisation relationship.you can also write a code BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI for BUS2121 to validate the vendor data on source of supply data.

regards

Muthu