Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI2.5 client sp13_00-> sp14_00

former_member207329
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have one problem with MI2.5 (webconsole sp14).

I have to upgrade MI2.5 client sp13_00-> sp14_00 but, after first upgrade I have following problem: when syncronized the client, it always down MOBILEENGINE.JSP sp14!!! The entrie in WebConsole is "Deployment Activated"...It's correct?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rocco,

Check the INFO link on your MI Client. if you had put any patch or uploaded some driver or any application, all information will appear here. and not only that, the history of your MI client can be seen - viz. Patch Level, Build Number etc.

Regards

Arun

former_member207329
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Arun,

thanks for your help.

In the info page there is:

Applic.: Description: version:

MOBILEENGINE_JSP Framework 251300

MOBILEENGINE_JSP MOBILEENGINE_JSP SP1400

MI 25 SP 14 Patch 00 Build 200509082030

The problem is: every time that I syncronize then 2 lines (equal at MOBILEENGINE_JSP MOBILEENGINE_JSP SP1400) they are added in this page!

I think because in the Web Console the entrie it not is "Deployment succefully completed" but "Deploymet Activeted". It's possible?

What you think?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rocco,

in this case, delete that entry in WEBCONSOLE. and SYNC again. all of these should get removed. and assign a fresh copy to your device only(don't select "for all devices").

this should solve i guess.

Regards

Arun.

former_member207329
Participant
0 Kudos

Ciao Arun,

I try delete entry un WEBCONSOLE, I sync again but NOTHING delete in client...

If the problem is SP13_install.exe?

Where is found this file? I found it in service.sap.com/download etc etc...in SP13FULL...

It's ok?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rocco, you found that file from the right place.

These add on components once deployed, can't be deleted form the client. i was trying to workaround your problem.

Now, after you delete it from the webconsole, do you still get more and more entires in your client for every sync? if not i guess this problem is kinda solved.

Regards

Arun.

former_member207329
Participant
0 Kudos

Ciao Arun,

i try upgrade SP1300->SP1500

The fisrt sync: ok, the client is patch SP15.

I delete the entrie (add on)SP15 in the web console, i try other sync: the client not download nothing. it's ok.

It could be a workround?

The client will work in correct mode?

However I wanted to also signal you this anomaly: when the MI installation patch is teminated the java window of the installer it is not closed and it cannot be closed!!! (one solution: "task manager" and kill process...).

it's normal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rocco,

i suggested that workaround to prevent further downloads of same add-on components. in that case it should work fine.

and as for your second anomoly, i didn't understand what's happening. could you elaborate more on that?

Regards

Arun.

former_member207329
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

when a patch is installed it opens a window (popup,applet however developed in Java ), "MI Client Installer - Status" with a progress bar and 2 button: "start", "exit".

When the installation it's terminated this window cannot possible close with click on "exit" button and not close itself.

One solution for close this popup: "task manager" of Windows and kill the java process.

I have the JDK 1.4.2_06.

For workaroun: it's ok for me and my notebook and the Pocket pc for the developments, but when we should install the patch SP15 on over 500 clients? How will we do?

very thanks for your Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rocco,

i was looking only at your Scenerio when i gave that solution. Wasn't really thinking about mass deployment.

When you apply patch, give start immediately. it will install the patch right away. then it will send a signal to your server saying the patch is installed.

Don't give exit or start later. just get over with the patching up immediately.

Regards

Arun.

Message was edited by: Arunkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rocco,

In our company mobile clients run Mobile Client 13.

We want to upgrade sp15.Mobile client run on laptops.

I upload MI25SP15_JSP.zip as addon using web console.

And assign it to a mobile device.

When mobile device sync it shows

"com.sap.ip.me.core.InstallationException: Cannot extract file from installation archive "

error messages.

MI25SP15_JSP.zip is the correct file to patch mobile client to SP15.

Waiting for your answers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rocco and Arun,

I can't seem to find the sp13_00 install on service.sap

Can either of you please direct me exactly where to get this?

I appreciate it. Thank you.

former_member207329
Participant
0 Kudos

Ciao Alex,

you can find SP13 in the "Search Software Distribution" (you search "MI CLIENT" string).

Go this link: http://service.sap.com/nw-mobile

and in the "Sap Netweaver Mobile->Mobile Infrastructure->For Developers" you can find other information for download MI client (it's also possible in the SDN,you look under Mobile).

I resolve my problem in this mode:

1)I install the SP13 Full package

2)I Install the SP15 patch.

My system it's ok now.

I hope help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rocco,

Can you tell me how to install SP15 patch after SP13 Full package installed? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi dai ly,

install the patch as ADD-ON component in your MCD. and select the zip file, upload it. then assign to your device and download it into your device.

that should do.

Regards

arunkumar

former_member207329
Participant
0 Kudos

Ciao Dai Ly,

I have install SP15 patch as ADDON.

After deploy this patch(with sync) you have to follow the instructions that will appear you on the screen.

an applet will be performed and you will have to press the key "start.":Then you will have to have patience...

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daer Dai

You Just apply the pacth as an Addon

U can get the Patch form MarketPlace and procedure to apply the patch is explained in detail u can get in the installation Guide

bye

sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rocco,

>when syncronized the client, it always down >MOBILEENGINE.JSP sp14!!! The entrie in WebConsole >is "Deployment Activated"...It's correct?

I am not sure whether I have understood your question or not, but when I upgrade my SP13 client to SP14 client it gave "Deployment Activated" on first sync, then after installation of the patch on the client followed by sync the status changed to "Deployment Successfully Completed".

However, sometimes I even got "Deletion with next synchronization" though it never deleted anything. I guess you need not worry of the status much.

The 'info' link on the client will give you idea about your current SP version.

Regards,

Rahul

If this helps, kindly assign me some points

former_member207329
Participant
0 Kudos

I try upgradre sp13_00 (full installation) -> sp13_12...

I have Same problem...

Entrie in WebConsole is "Deployment Activated"...

It is as if the client has not sending the "succeeded download" info in the server...