cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy Runtime Error in RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having an issue in the RWB of an PI 7.0.

I want to connect two SAP R/3 4.7 business systems to a PI 7.0. I have done all steps defined in the PI Config Guide concerning connecting Business System with central Integration Engine on both Business Systems, i.e. SLDCHECK is working perfectly and the connection to the Central integration Engine is maintained SXMB_ADMIN. Also SPROXY is working on each system.

Still in the PI RWB I only see one Proxy Runtime in the Component Monitoring and it is in status red (error message: Unable to log on to Business System with user XIRWBUSER). The other R/3 system is not visible at all.

Both R/3 systems are on Web AS 6.40 Kernel, only the patch level is slightly different. All the Rest is the same. Also the XI Add-on is installed. Both R/3 system having PIRWBUSER set-up with the same password as in PI.

Is somebody able to help me here? Would be much appreciated!!!

Many thanks.

TW

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>(error message: Unable to log on to Business System with user XIRWBUSER). The other R/3 system is not visible at all.

>>Both R/3 systems are on Web AS 6.40 Kernel, only the patch level is slightly different. All the Rest is the same. Also the XI Add-on is installed. Both R/3 system having PIRWBUSER set

as you see from the error you create user: PIRWBUSER

and you should have create XIRWBUSER

and that's the issue

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both,

good point. But now I am confused: Since PI 7.0 only PI* users are used in PI (e.g. PIRWBUSER). When I set-up the user XIRWBUSER in the two R/3 systems, how does XI know which password to use?

Thanks and best regards.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Why did you create XIRWUSER? Instead, use PIRWUSER in both R/3 systems.

IT must be equal than PIRWUSER user in PI system. I mean: password, roles/authotizations...

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

thats the point: I have set-up PIRWBUSER in both R/3 systems using the same PW as in PI and having the Role SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER assigned. In PI the user has additional roles assigned (i.e. SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER_MAIN and SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATION) which are not available in the R/3 systems.

Still in the RWB error message PI is trying to use XIRWBUSER. How can I configure PI in a way that it uses the PIRWBUSER?

And why is only one R/3 system visible in RWB?

Thansk for your feedback.

Best regards.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to http://host:javaport/exchangeProfile.

Click on RuntimeWorkbench.

Click on com.sap.aii.rwb.serviceuser.name

Which user is displayed here?

Is your PI 7.0 an upgrade form XI 3.0?

If you only can see one R/3 system, probably it is not well setting up in SLD.

Did you create a Business System of this R/3 system in your SLD?

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

thanks, the User was wrong in the Exchange Profile. I changed it to PIRWBUSER but the error message in the RWB remains, now with the user PIRWBUSER.

The R/3 systems are correctly set-up in SLD and also a propper business system is available for each system.

I configured a scenario incl. a Communication Channel for the Proxy call on one of the R/3 systems just to check what happens. Strangely enough, the Channel is not visible in the Channel Monitoring. I executed the scenario (File->XI->ABAP Proxy) and received the following error message in the message monitoring: ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED.

The PIAFUSER is mentioned in the further error message. Do I have to set-up this user in R/3 as well? Anything else I have to check?

Thanks and best regards.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Well, once you have set up PIRWBUSER user correctly in exchangeProfile, be sure that the same user

with the same password, roles/authorizations exists in your R/3 Application Systems.

When you say you cannot see your R/3 in RWB, where exactly you cannot see them?

XI, IDOC and HTTP adapters are not displayed in Communication Channel Monitoring. So ,you will not see your proxy adapter there.

Regardless your example, you don't have to create PIAFUSER user in R/3.

I think, some configuarion is missing in your PI system. Do the following.

Run RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES in SE38.

Go to SLD--> Business System. Select your PI Business system.

Check in Integration tab :

Role: Integration Server.

Pipeline URL: http://host:80XX/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

Check also your other Business systems, I mean, your R/3. that in Integration tab:

Role: Application System.

Related Integration Server: Your PI Business System.

Go to SXMB_ADM transaction.

Integration Engine Configuration. Check if the Role is Integration Server.

Do the same in your R/3. Check if the Role is Application System.

And in ' Corresponding Integ. Server' must exist a HTTP RFC pointing to PI. Click F1 for help.

Run SLDCHECK transaction in all your systems.

Run SPROXY transaction in your R/3 systems.

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

I have gone through your recommendations and checked the ones I did not check yet. During this I did the following test: I called the URL http://host:80XX/sap/xi/engine?type=entry on the R/3 system and received the error in the web browser that the page cannot be displayed (HTTP Error 400 - Bad request). So the Integration Engine on the R/3 systemk is not reachable. I have already activated the XI Services in the transaction SICF of R/3.

In the PI Configuration Guide there is another step described:

"Since transaction SICF is a cross-client transaction, you have to create an HTTP service for each client (for each business system) in this case. Proceed as follows:

1. Select engine, and choose Create Host/Service.

2. Enter a new name (engine_srm_010, for example).

3. Select Reference to an existing service.

4. Enter a description and choose the Alias Trgt tab page.

5. Select engine and save your alias.

6. Choose Local Object.

7. Activate the alias.

Select the alias and choose Activate Link in the context menu."

Is this important? Unfortunately the function Create Host/Service is not available in the context menue. Any other idea why the error message occurs?

We are getting closer...

Thanks.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Obviuslly http://host:80XX/sap/xi/engine?type=entry is not the correct URL.

Host: your XI host.

HTTP ABAP port: 8XXX. Go to SMCIM --> GO To --> Services. Here you can see the proper port.

Do the same in your R/3 systems.

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

I know, I used the correct host and port for R/3 and received the error message described. When I use the link for XI it works as expected. Something is wrong on R/3 side.

Best regards.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So, if you go to http://host_R/3:8XXX/sap/xi/engine?type=entry through your explorer you get

the error: ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED or something like that. Is it correct?

Go to this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/81/4a12416c17ef6fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error says:

error message: Unable to log on to Business System with user XIRWBUSER

However you said you create PIRWUSER user...

Be sure which with user your Application Systems are connected to be monitoried.

PIRWBUSER or XIRWBUSER?

Carlos