cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1: getting a 400 bad request after sending a .NET soap call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anybody experience with .NET clients and PI 7.1 soap adapters? We have the following scenario:

.NET client -> PI soap adapter -> PI 7.1 system -> XI adapter -> SAP backend with ABAP proxy

This scenario works fine since two years. Now we have upgraded our dev system from XI 3.0 to PI 7.1. Since that we get the following error if we send a request to the dev system:

System.Net.WebException: Fehler bei der Anforderung mit HTTP-Status 400: Bad Request.

bei System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

bei System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

bei u2026.."

If I send a request with xml spy I get a correct answer. So I'm sure that my service works.

I've used XML Spy as SOAP proxy to monitor the messages. If I do this I can notice two things. First the .NET application is sending two requests. Second if I stop each request for a short moment (I can do this with XML Spy) I get no error. If I don't stop the requests I get the error. Have a look at the note 709606. This behaviour is described here exactly but I don't use the IE 5.5.

And again it works with my prod system (XI3.0 on Web AS 6.40). I have only problems with my new PI 7.1 dev system.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution for this problem ist to patch the kernel to version to > 710 100.