Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction of sales group for users

BAJAJ-DXC
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to restrict the sales group to different user using VA05,I tried so many ways but i am able

to see the others data.

We already created one authorization object and assigned in role.But we are not able to restrict

the users.

In our scenario the user named like dealers. one dealer can see the other dealers data.

Please guide how to restrict the users at sales group.

Thanks,

Sivaprasad

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We already created one authorization object and assigned in role.

Please give us more detail on this part. What did you do exactly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

... and when you say that you created an auth object and assigned it, is that all you did? Obviously, that is not enough on it's own to take an influence on any security....

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

looks like BI??

then create a role for every dealer group populate the field with the right values and assign to the right people might do the trick.

Be sure to activate the object against the info provider (although that step is not needed in all versions of BI) but it might be your problem!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What I understand from your post is that you want to restrict the users to view the list of sales order - report using VA05 just for their sales group and not for others, as in your case your dealers are your end users and you want each dealer to be able to view for only his sales orders and not that have been issued to other dealers. Is that correct?

You have created a custom object using field VKGRP on the basis of which you want to restrict the report. The object has to be defined in the standard program for VA05 for authority check and then included in the role. In this case you may have to create one role for each user or group of users for each sales group.