Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of DC A's model from DC B

jpenninkhof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It is recommended to put a web dynpro's model in a seperate DC. In order to do so I have tried the following steps:

1. Created DC A

2. Created a model in DC A (based on adaptive RFC)

3. Added the model to a Public part, by right clicking on the new model and clicking on 'add to public part'

4. Created DC B

5. Added the public part of DC A as used DC (under DC Metadata, DC Definition, Used DCs).

6. Created a new webdynpro component

7. Tried to use the model of DC A, by right-clicking used-components under the web dynpro component that I just created.

In step 7, I expected to see selection box containing the DC A's model. However, my selection box is empty.

Can anyone explain what I did wrong, or why I shouldn't expect the model to be in that selection box? Is it possible to reference to another DCs model in the first place?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One thing missing is

It is recommended to put a web dynpro's model in a seperate DC. In order to do so I have tried the following steps:

1. Created DC A

2. Created a model in DC A (based on adaptive RFC)

3. Added the model to a Public part, by right clicking on the new model and clicking on 'add to public part'

4) Build DC A

4. Created DC B

5. Added the public part of DC A as used DC (under DC Metadata, DC Definition, Used DCs).

6. Created a new webdynpro component

7. Tried to use the model of DC A, by right-clicking used-components under the web dynpro component that I just created.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

And don't forget to deploy DC A to your server. That's one I always forget, then I wonder why DC B isn't working!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After you have created the public part for DC A, you need to build the DC A properly. Also do check if you have added only the model or even the component to the public part. If you have added only the model then you can use the reference of the model in your DC B.

Thanks,

Gopi

jpenninkhof
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the answers. Points for you all

I indeed forgot to mention that I also built DC A. That is why I ruled that out as well. After you mentioned the importance of that build-process, I tried to have a detailed look into that. Eventually I found out that the built never completed succesfully, although the NWDS made it appear that way (it changed to another view before I was able to see the error).

I found out that I ran the NWDS with a wrong version of the Java VM. Once I had changed the Java VM to the latest 1.4.2 version, DC A built properly and I was able to see the model in DC B.

Thanks again for your help!