cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inputfield----- property enabled..... what's wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have a tabstrip, which contains ViewContainerUIelement....( view name e.g View2 ).

In view2, I have defiend two lables and two inputfields....... property of my inputfields enabled I have checked...but when I run the application the inputfields are shows as "read only" ?

Then I tried to create attribute "Enabled of type WDY_BOOLEAN" set value to "X" and bind it with the enable property of inputfield..........still same result i.e the inputfield is shown as read-only ???

Does anyone have any clue, what I am doing wrong ??? ( ofcourse the read_only property is not checked )....

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dont know what I am doing wrong,.... but thanks for your help....now instead of using viewcontainer in tabstrip I am using just t-container and it displays my inputfield as editable....

Thanks and regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

so in TABSTRIP if I have viewcontainer there I cant define the inputfield ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may be possible that the container in which you are placing the input field has the property enabled = false, and its inherited in the child element also.

It may be your viewcontainerUI element or tab or may be group(if u r using). So doube check with this.

Hope it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your post......... I have already tripple-checked the "enable" property of all above-containers.........but its set to true....... i.e. the check-box is marked....

I have no clue why the input-fields are not-editable....

but when I delete the viewcontainer and place in tabstrip simple transparentcontainer and then place inputfields there, .......it works fine....

Edited by: Shah H on Nov 18, 2008 4:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created the same scenario on which you are working but its working fine for me.

I have create one viewcontainer UI elemennt and create another view. On new view i have create one input field and bind it. Then i went to windows and embed this new view to view container UI element. I ran the applicaiton and input field is editable. Pls follow these step to check if something is missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the viewcontainerelement is inside the tabstrip ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Earlier it was not, but now i have included in the tabstrip. And its working fine.