cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting workspace folders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to delete a track and was successful in doing so from CMS. I also would like to delete the workspace folder associated with that track and I am following note 855537.

I opened this location http://MYCOMPANY:50000/dtr/ws/TRACKNAME/example.org_APPLICATION/dev as a Web folder in IE and went up one level and I cannot delete either the dev or cons folder. I know that I need to delete all the contents of a folder before deleting the folder itself and so I tried going deep in to the folder tree (dev->inactive->SCs->example.org->APPLICATION->_comp->TopLevelDCs->) and found several files (*.dcref) which I can not delete.

I saw the forum question that someone was infact successful in doing so.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Please take a look at note 855537 - it explains how to delete a "Workspace folder".

in NWDS

1)Sync the workspace folder

2)Start deleting files,then folders,then using command prompt delete workspace.

3)Inorder to delete workspacefolder open an IE, file open give the path of the workspacefolder,check the check box

Open as WebFolder.Here you can delete workspace folder.

Also, take a look at note 782995 - it describes a feature of DTR ("empty folders are not transported").

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RK,

Thanks for the reply.

For your point #2, I am guessing you meant using the DTR perspective. I was able delete most (not all) the files and folders.

The folders I couldn't delete are under ../SCs/.. and some in /DCs/..

I then removed the configuration from NWDS and I followed the note 855537. I was able to successfully delete the folders. Do we need to delete the dev and cons too?

Thanks a lot for your reply,

Kiran

Message was edited by: Kiran Kumar

Message was edited by: Kiran Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I followed the given SAP note. I have successfully deleted the workspace folders using IE. However, when I viewed this using http://<server>:<port>/dtr, the folder is still there..

--> Let me correct this. I just forgot to delete the topmost folder. Sorry..

Message was edited by: eloisa capoy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, the note says, "if it can be assured that no developer studio refers to a workspace folder anymore.. ", How does the admin enforce this? Is it using any tool that he can find out if any developer has imported that development configuration?

Thanks in advance,

Kiran