Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Position

former_member214648
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

I've been away from the SRM world for a wee while, just getting back into it. I've got a user created but with no position. Can someone refresh my memory on how to associate a user with a position?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tracey,

Please find the steps below to assign a user to a position:

1. Create your own business Role

a. Call transaction PFCG and copy std profile to Z profile.

b. Execute Transaction CRMC_UI_PROFILE

c. Copy business role say SALESPRO to ZSALESPRO incl. all related objects and assign your created PFCG role.Press the skip button if you get en error message.

2. Assign your created business role to organizational model

a. Call transaction PPOMA_CRM

b. Search organizational unit by u2018Structure Searchu2019 and browse the organization you need to add to.

c. Create a new position and save your changes.

d. Assign your created business role to the new position.

Mark your position and select in the main menu Go To -> Detail object -> Enhanced object description

On tab u2018Activeu2019 select u2018Business Roleu2019 and create a new infotype.

Enter your created business role and save.

3. Assign your user to the organizational model

a. Go back to the organizational model or follow steps 2.a to 2.b again.

b. Mark your position and assign your user to this position. On the popup select u2018Holderu2019 .

c. On the search help select tab u2018User by address datau2019 and search for your own user

d. Save your settings and relaunch the WebClient UI (call transaction BSP_WD_CMPWB, select CRM_UI_FRAME as component and press u2018Testu2019-button) to test your changes

Regards,

Saumya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Please check your user ID is created properly in organization unit in BBP_BP_OM_INTEGRATE

Please let me know what is error you are facing

Regards/

Shrinivas

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi tracey,

Once you created a user , You must integrate in to Organisational structure right. USERS_GEN tcode helps you to create a position as well as CP and he become a true EBP user.

users_gen-->copy user and employee data -> select create users from existing su01 users -->give organisation unit number and supply correct country code of org no.

regards

Muthu