Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS gurus,

We have created Milestone at WBS level.Now which setting we should make so that

1)After confirmation of all activities assigned to that WBS via network,shows the actual date (milestone met) in the milestone.How can i get info that my milestone has been reached?

2)My billing plan should release and i can invoice .

Thanks in advance

Project Team1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

once you have actual date in the milestone that means that the milestone has been met

the important thing is what you want to do if the milestone has been met?

Your case you need to bill

select the sales doc tick on the milestone and set a % in the invoicing percent field

link the WBS to a sales order (remember the WBS or its hierarchy must have a billing element)

then go the sales order line item and click on billing plan - generate the billing plan - you will see that once the milestone is completed the billing block will automatically be removed

you can now bill the order for the % specified in the milestone - usually the billing run is automated and the sales order will be picked up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks virendra,

But my actual date in milestone is not picking up after confirmation of activities subordiante to Milestone.I have done customizing setting in Confirmation parameters for Milestone automatic.

Still it is not picking up from activity confirmation.

Thanks in advance

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you set confirmation parameters in OPST - if so that is not relevant

be specific in what you say also where is your milestone attached to WBS or NWA

when you say confirmed all activites - have set the final confirmation indicator on all activities?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

I have attach my milestone to WBS .I have set complited indiactor to all activities.Kindly let me know where am doing mistake

Thanks in advance

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the final confirmation indicator not completed indicator

do all your activites have CNF status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes ,CNF status is there .

Let me know any customization setting I am missing

Regards

Project Team 1

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u ve assigned milestones to WBS elements then they wont confirm thru activities, in this case u have to put actual dates manually for each milestone.

Moreover entering actual date itself indicate confirmation.

Or you can goto CN53N and select the fields and there you will come to know how many milestones are cleared in ur project.

Regards

Abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abinav,

This answer I needed.Full points awarded.

Project Team

Answers (0)