cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Mobile for Utiliies (Non Unicode back end with Unicode MI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are attempting to install SAP Mobile for Utilities (MAU)

Our landscape is as follow : Backend is ECC6 with support stack 13 enhancement pack 3 (Non Unicode) Middle Ware - MI 7.0 SP15 Unicode

Initial documentation indicated that the Backend and Middle Ware should have the same Unicode encoding but notes to SAP indicated that we can have a mismatch and that the RFC will take care of the conversion.

Does anyone have any experience in this?

When I test the function module via the attribute of the SyncBo I cn see the data but when I test the SyncBo I get the following error:

1 I 18.11.2008 08:44:03 MEREP_ARECEIVER has started for run number 0000006767 and runtime counter 1

1 W 18.11.2008 08:44:03 Failed to correct XML document encoding

1 I 18.11.2008 08:44:03 Processing MBL_ID= 0000000158 Seq Number = 17

2 I 18.11.2008 08:44:03 MEREP_HANDLER has started for run number 0000006767 and runtime counter 2

2 D 18.11.2008 08:44:03 Return code 0 (HANDLER ENABLED)

1 I 18.11.2008 08:44:03 MEREP_ARECEIVER has finished for run number 0000006767 and runtime counter 1

Also after deployment on the device I do not see all the menu items configured - ie Work orders.

Any help would be appreciated.

ps Upgrading to Unicode is a little bit bit of an issue since our DB is 12TB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to implement SAP Mobile with a Non-Unicode backend and Unicode MI as long as your language stays the same and this configuration is supported by SAP. We have installed this landscape and it is working. The RFC connection to the back end must indicate Non-Unicode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we had a similar issue a while back and so we went with a clean non unicide installaiton. Is it a bg ssue t bring you MI server to non unicode? The 12TB should be only a problem if you try to convert the backend to unicode - but this is not really necessary I think.

On the other hand: you have most likely issues if your backend is unicode and your MI server is not, cause the backend could send data that the MI server can not handle. In your scenario it should work fine - so if you run the backend getlist and getdetail handlers they work fine ut if you try to run these from the client you have issues? Which BO throws that exception and when does this occure? On data replication or on sync or when?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your response. It would not be a big issue to bring the MI server to non unicode except my basis guys are telling me that Mobile for Utilities is only available in Unicode for 7.0 - when we installed there was no option for a non unicode installation.

The syncbo I was testing was UMAM30_i01 orders. We had a consultant on site that indicated everything thing was set up correctly and he could not get the syncronization to work.

I don't know if I am testing this correctly - could you please give me the steps to determine how to test the syncronization?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to check the SyncBO itself it is straight forward:

Go to the middleware and TRX MEREP_SBUILDER. Enter the name of the BO and check for the function modules shown.

Then go to the backend and see the function modules there. Run the GETLIST handler for a SyncBO and set the user if necessary. Then take a value from the result set to run the GETDETAIL handler. If the setting is really correct, this should work fine. I would expect an issue already there.

Wel, as I said in the second part of my post: MI unicode with non unicode backend should work fine, so this should be okay. Perhaps you should have a look into your RFC connection settings.

Where are you based? Perhaps we should have a short chat?

Regards,

Oliver

[www.placeworkers.com]