Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM- In-process inspection Setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My requirement is :

- to setup inprocess inspection in the final operation in routing,

- the operation and order can only be confirmed if the usage decision of inspection is favorable.

- want Auto GR to happen after favorable usage decision and subsequent operation& order confirmation.

I have done the following:

- attached an in process inspection type with a required UD set and made it active

-created an MIC and assigned in routing

-assigned a control key that allows inspection and autoGR to the final operation in routing.

The following happens when i test my setup

- When i release the order an inspection lot is created.

BUT, the problem i face is that when i confirm the final operation the Auto GR happens and the FG is posted to unrestricted stock even though the usage decision is not entered for the inspection lot. What i want is that on confirming the order the FG should be posted in Quality stock and once i enter the favorable usage decision it should automatically get posted to unrestricted use.

Could you please tell me what i am missing here?

Thanks,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!,

Actually inprocess inspection doesn't involve any inventory movement. Means you can't control any goods movement with inspection type "03". Only inspection types 01, 04 and 08 involves control on goods movements. For your requirement you need to opt for goods receipt inspection i.e. inspection type "04". For this you need to assign an inspection setup in material master with insp type "04", create an inspection plan for the produced material. Now when you make an order and confirm some quantity then system will create an inspection lot and till you give UD to that the confirmed quantity will remain in quality stock.

I hope this will solve your problem. In case of further queries please revert back.

Regards,

Uday