cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with variable substitution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I´m trying to use variable substitution. I´ve configured my scenario as follows:

File name scheme: A1_%hour%.xml

Variable substitution:

hour payload:sctdapplication_A1,1,heading,1,communicationsdate,1

"Hour" is, for example: 13:15:23. I´ve read that in case of :, the variable substitution will transform : into _. However, it doesn´t work. When I try this, there is no xml file in the remote folder. However, if I use another variable (without it works ok...

Any idea of how can I use variable substitution when variables have ":"?

Regards,

Javier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhir,

You were right. In the CC says: Cannot rename temporary file 'XI_ddb582ea-465d-3ef1-9fb3-00505695678f.tmp' with its final file name 'A1_12:11:54.xml' . And, as you said too, it is only possible in the message, not in the payload...

Carme,

My scenario is: IDOC --> XML. I could create a new TIme variable in the IDOC without ":", but this variable musn´t be in the target xml. The problem is I don´t use content conversion.

I think I´ve read something about variable substitution with variables defined in the source file, but not in the target file. This could be the solution, pick the variable from source IDOC, but I don´t know how to do it.

Thanks for your answers,

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi javier,

as per my understanding variable substitution is always done with target structure

not possible for source.

lets wait for expert's reply of doing it other way.

thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

Check in RWB--> Component monitoring --> Communication Channel Monitoring --select you receiver File CC and check for the details. It must be giving some error out there.

I think file name with special character values is not possible in payload case its possible in message only also explained in the sap help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/frameset.htm

PS: note that this case is mentioned under message not under xml payload.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Javier,

I have a similar case, which i've solved adding a new Recordset (RCS for example) in target XML.

This recordset contains date and time without any separator (you can transform them in message mapping).

You can use this fields in your dynamic configuration. Variable reference:

fecha --> payload:MT_VRCPRCCTO,1,RCS,1,fecha,1

hora --> payload:MT_VRCPRCCTO,1,RCS,1,hora,1

And, if you use content conversion, ignore them when converting to text file with:

RCS.fieldFixedLengths --> 0,0

RCS.fixedLengthTooShortHandling --> Cut

RCS.endSeparator --> '0'

Regards,

Carme Alentorn

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this blog:

Regards,

Abhishek.