cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in transport ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

We want to transport our PI 7.1 SP06 scenarios from DEV to QA. We have taken the following actions:

- We've registered our TS in SLD from back-end's Tx. RZ70.

- We've created our BS

- We've imported the SWC to the ESB.

- We want to import the scenarios to ID, but we get the following error:

com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException: Import failed because of business system transfer of object Receiver Determination  | BS_xxxx | Interface | * | *: Obligatory transport target for business system BS_xxxx not found in System Landscape Directory.

We have 3 SLD (one for each enviroment). All our BS have the same names in DEV and QA (with the exception of "INTEGRATION_SERVER_<SID>"). Every BS in DEV enviroment belongs to the group "GROUP_PI" and every BS in QA belongs to "GROUP_PI".

We have found this thread: " " and we are trying to apply it, but have this problems:

- Exporting all the SLD content from DEV to QA we get errors about nonexistent referenced objects.

We have this questions:

- Considering that the BS have the same name between enviroments, Why do we get that error importing ID objects?

- Can we use the procedure from that thread to solve our problem? Why do we get that referency error having exported/imported all SLD's content?

If we follow the procedure of that thread, QA's SLD will end having all the objects from DEV's SLD plus its own; i.e. when we have 50 BS in DEV (ABAP, JAVA + Third Party) we must have 100 at QA!!?? We don't see this as an optimal solution. Which could be the best way?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whatever is mentioned in the thread is correct and you can follow it . But in that thread, they have asked you to :

1.Create Transport Groups on your QA SLD- 1 transport group for all Dev Business Systems and one transport group for all QA business systems.

2.Then create transport targets.

But i think u have done step- 1 and 2 in DEV SLD itself, so when u transport the Business system from Dev SLD to QA SLD, it is expecting the transport target defined in DEV SLD to be present in QA SLD failing which is throwing the below error:

"Import failed because of business system transfer of object Receiver Determination | BS_xxxx | Interface | * | *: Obligatory transport target for business system BS_xxxx not found in System Landscape Directory."

And i don't know why you are using the same Business system group name "GROUP_PI". for both BS in QA and BS in DEV ?

If you create the transport groups and transport targets correctly, ur import will be successful.

Thanks,

Laawanya Danasekaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

First of all thanks for the assistance. Ok I get it right at last, I had misunderstood the transport groups concept.

As Laawanya says I was using the same group for DEV and QUA. Once I fixed that, everything goes like a charm.

Thanks again to all and best regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

but did you create transport targets in SLD ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

We don't create the Transport Target in QA SLD because the errors about nonexistent referenced objects and the import fails.

Also, with the link's procedure, QA's SLD must end with twice the objects, I think that it isn't the best solution considering that my BS have the same name.

Kind Regards